ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) or PBS for my wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Roomi
Newly Registered

FLR(M) or PBS for my wife

Post by Roomi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to dig out the information about the difference between FLR(M) and PBS but cannot find too much unfortunately, so I hope some would really answer my queries. Thanks in Advance.

Current I have a Tier1 General and hopefully I will have a ILR by Jan 2013. My wife has been dependent on me since last year Dec. 2011, so she will not be completing the 2 years when I go for ILR, hence she will not be able to apply for the ILR at the same time but the problem is, I am confused what form should I use it to extend her stay ( is it FLR(M) or PBS) ? if I go for PBS, then there are too many PBS form, so I dont know which one to choose and if I go for FLR(M) then my wife will need the ESOL. it is bit confusing because when I asked UKBA, even they told me different things, one advisor said FLR(M) and other said PBS.

I will really appreciate your efforts to answer this query.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) or PBS for my wife

Post by Babajee85 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Roomi wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been trying to dig out the information about the difference between FLR(M) and PBS but cannot find too much unfortunately, so I hope some would really answer my queries. Thanks in Advance.

Current I have a Tier1 General and hopefully I will have a ILR by Jan 2013. My wife has been dependent on me since last year Dec. 2011, so she will not be completing the 2 years when I go for ILR, hence she will not be able to apply for the ILR at the same time but the problem is, I am confused what form should I use it to extend her stay ( is it FLR(M) or PBS) ? if I go for PBS, then there are too many PBS form, so I dont know which one to choose and if I go for FLR(M) then my wife will need the ESOL. it is bit confusing because when I asked UKBA, even they told me different things, one advisor said FLR(M) and other said PBS.

I will really appreciate your efforts to answer this query.

PBS Dependant Form

vinny

Re: PBS to ILR Spouse -2 years route

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:57 am

Roomi wrote:Hi,

Can you please provide me the below information regarding the PBS to ILR Spouse (2 years route).

- Application Form ?

- Any funds requirement for last three months.

- Spouse is not doing any job ( do I have to show mine statement and payslips)

- Dont have any thing joint, what else can proof as we have been together for 2 years, even though we are and we even have a baby.

- can we apply 28 days earlier before we completing the 2 years route.

I would really appreciate your efforts to answers any of my query.

Thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:08 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aknight

Post by aknight » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:19 am

If your wife is on PBS Dependent visa, then the right form she should use is PBS Dependent visa form for extension. I got this message from Home Office. You may check all your questions directly emailing Home Office email address SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

What I do not know is if you can provide your bank statements as an evidence of your wife's maintenance funds!