ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does the Spouse needs ESOL test if applying for FLR(M)?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

darwaysh
Newly Registered

Does the Spouse needs ESOL test if applying for FLR(M)?

Post by darwaysh » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi
I am looking to apply for my ILR in Jan 2013. My wife has been in UK with me for past 14 months. Now I understand she cannot apply for the ILR same time as me due to her stay duration being less than 2 years. I have two questions.

1. Does she need to pass the ESOL test prior to applying as my dependent for further leave to remain?
2. Is FLR (M) the correct form and will she need to wait another 5 years to apply for ILR.

I do appologise if this question has already been asked, I am new to the board and have not been able to find the answer.

Many Thanks
D

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:53 pm

On what basis are you applying for ilr?

darwaysh
Newly Registered

Post by darwaysh » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:10 am

Thanks for the response!

I am currently on Tier 1 General visa and my wife has been with me since Oct 2011.

sreepujari

Post by sreepujari » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi Greenie,

I am also having the same query. But I am going to apply under Tier2 PBS .

Thanks,
Sree

ideanokia6500

Post by ideanokia6500 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:26 pm

for flr(m) esol is not required
HI

darwaysh
Newly Registered

Post by darwaysh » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi
Thanks for replying. Can u pls refer to the act or the law which states that. Because my laywer has said that my wife needs to pass A1test to qualify for leave to remain as the new law applies on her according to which she wud now become the dependant of settled person.
Darwaysh

babe_khyber
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Does the Spouse needs ESOL test if applying for FLR(M)?

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:32 pm

darwaysh wrote:Hi
I am looking to apply for my ILR in Jan 2013. My wife has been in UK with me for past 14 months. Now I understand she cannot apply for the ILR same time as me due to her stay duration being less than 2 years. I have two questions.

1. Does she need to pass the ESOL test prior to applying as my dependent for further leave to remain?
2. Is FLR (M) the correct form and will she need to wait another 5 years to apply for ILR.

I do appologise if this question has already been asked, I am new to the board and have not been able to find the answer.

Many Thanks
D
hi darwaysh
i think your wife do not need esol at movment for extension but in future she will need both test its mean october 2013 any one who is appliying after that date for settlement will need to pass both test esol levelB2 and life in the uk test as well i think your wife were affect from 09/july2012 don`t worry your wife will be pass the required test
best weshis
babe khyber

darwaysh
Newly Registered

Post by darwaysh » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:25 pm

thanks for the reply. Its very much appreciated.

Darwaysh

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Many Thanks
D
Your lawyer is right.

If she is extending her stay, she will need to do that under a dependent of a settled person ( I am assuming that you will have your ILR then).

if that is the case and she is extending using FLR(M) then she needs Spouse English Test which currently is at Level A1 and for second part of your question, once she completes her 2 years she will be able to apply for her ILR so if she has spent 16 months under Tier 1 dependent and 6 months under ILR dependent then that should suffice.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Many Thanks
D
LIUK test is needed
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:39 pm

sh1981 wrote:

Many Thanks
D
LIUK test is needed
wrong advice. A1 spouse test is required if she is extending using flr(m)

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:05 am

innocentdevil wrote:
sh1981 wrote:

Many Thanks
D
LIUK test is needed
wrong advice. A1 spouse test is required if she is extending using flr(m)
There is no such thing as an "A1 Spouse Test".
You will need at least Level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) speaking and listening.
You can get UK NARIC certificate for your degree.
And yes LIUK is not required for FLR but will be required for ILR
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 020091.pdf
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com