ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travelling to spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ahmad_785

travelling to spain

Post by ahmad_785 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:36 pm

hello guys ok i have some questions i know is a little bit odd i am asking this here but please if any one have any info please do help
my wife she is a Spain national and she is living here in UK the thing is she wants to go to Spain but she lost her id and she doesn't have her passport with her but she does have her old id which expired in 2009 can she travel on that id?
many thanks in advance....
hmmmmm

i forgot my SIGNATURE :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:38 pm

Moved to Europe forum.

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:29 pm

thank you moderator so any one can help me....
hmmmmm

aledeniz
United Kingdom

Re: travelling to spain

Post by aledeniz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:17 pm

ahmad_785 wrote:my wife she is a Spain national and she is living here in UK the thing is she wants to go to Spain but she lost her id and she doesn't have her passport with her but she does have her old id which expired in 2009 can she travel on that id?
I would personally not even try. The Italian authorities have in the past extended my identity documents with handwritten notes, stamped and signed, and it has always been an issue in the airports, always at the police checks, and in UK also at the check-ins (at add insult to injury, once we got delayed at an Italian seaport because an Italian border guard was fussy about a friend's document extended this way from an Italian authority, go figure). People invariably look first at the printed expiration date, and look suspiciously to the handwritten extension. I wouldn't expect them to let anyone depart with a properly expired document.

That said, couldn't your wife visit her consulate, and get, if not a proper id, an emergency travel document (in Spanish should be something like "documento provisional de viaje")?

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 pm

many thanks for the reply yes i am thinking the same thing so if the ambassador gives her a letter can she travel to Spain with that and come back with a new id with out a passport?
hmmmmm