ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faz28

british citizenship

Post by faz28 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:35 pm

I need some help with my husband's british citizenship application. My husband got a fixed penalty in 2010 (3 points & £60 fine), didn't go through court. Never mentioned this in his ilr application because he thought it was a fixed penalty not a conviction by court.Fixed penalty is for driving while holding a mobile phone.

But now NCS insist he should mention this in BC application. Will this be a problem bcoz he didn't mention it in his ilr application? This was a genuine mistake.

My husband is self-employed (obtain ilr under long residence), does he need to send his self assesment statement.

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: british citizenship

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:06 am

faz28 wrote:My husband got a fixed penalty in 2010 (3 points & £60 fine), didn't go through court. Never mentioned this in his ilr application because he thought it was a fixed penalty not a conviction by court.Fixed penalty is for driving while holding a mobile phone.
But now NCS insist he should mention this in BC application. Will this be a problem bcoz he didn't mention it in his ilr application? This was a genuine mistake.
The NCS was right - this had to be mentioned. HO takes a hard stance on offences it considers reckless (mobile phones, uninsured driving,...), so it will be relevant. That being said, a single FPN will not cause you any trouble, and so far I haven't heard of any application being refused for a single FPN issued years ago - even if that FPN was for a "not minor" offence. Since it is just a single FPN, I don't think that they will make any fuss over it, whether or not it was mentioned in an earlier application.
faz28 wrote:My husband is self-employed (obtain ilr under long residence), does he need to send his self assesment statement.
Maybe a stupid question: did the NCS not advise you on that? I thought that is one of the things one is paying them for.

arkitect
Newly Registered

Post by arkitect » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:31 am

faz28 wrote:My husband is self-employed… does he need to send his self assesment statement.
I am self employed as well.
All I included was my latest Self Assessment statement.
There was no problem and I received my approval.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 pm

arkitect wrote:
faz28 wrote:My husband is self-employed… does he need to send his self assesment statement.
Hi when u say Self Assesment is it a printout from ur online account or did u get any original document from Hmrc. Because we never recieved anything from Hmrc when we asked our accountant he gave us a printout from the account online.

arkitect
Newly Registered

Post by arkitect » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:25 pm

faz28 wrote:
arkitect wrote:
Hi when u say Self Assesment is it a printout from ur online account or did u get any original document from Hmrc. Because we never recieved anything from Hmrc when we asked our accountant he gave us a printout from the account online.
I submitted the original when I applied via NCS.
(I always get originals sent to me from HMRC… Your accountant should have them.)
The NCS will copy and verify them and hand them back to you.

hskhan2008

BC Citizenship

Post by hskhan2008 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:09 am

Hi
I recently Applied BC for my Wife (Spouse category), but just realised that i forgot to send my Citizenship certificate and our Marriage certificate (marriage not held in UK) alongwith the application

Can anyone please suggest me what to do, is there any way to send supporting documents separately?

Your answer will be highly appreciated

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: BC Citizenship

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:23 am

hskhan2008 wrote:Hi
I recently Applied BC for my Wife (Spouse category), but just realised that i forgot to send my Citizenship certificate and our Marriage certificate (marriage not held in UK) alongwith the application

Can anyone please suggest me what to do, is there any way to send supporting documents separately?

Thanks
Do you mean to say "your wife has applied for BC and she forgot to send the application?". You can't apply on her behalf.

Did your wife use NCS or post for the application? I suggest she contact the HO by phone. She will probably be required to send the missing evidence by post (but she should ask for a reference number to link the evidence to).

hskhan2008

Post by hskhan2008 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:55 am

Jambo wrote:
hskhan2008 wrote:Hi

Thanks
Do you mean to say "your wife has applied for BC and she forgot to send the application?". You can't apply on her behalf.

Did your wife use NCS or post for the application? I suggest she contact the HO by phone. She will probably be required to send the missing evidence by post (but she should ask for a reference number to link the evidence to).
actually i submitted her documents but forgot to attach my BC certificate and marriage certificate (not sure is there any requirement to send marriage certificate? as our marriage was being help outside UK)
just need any HO contact details so that i can get ref number

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:11 pm

hskhan2008 wrote: actually i submitted her documents but forgot to attach my BC certificate and marriage certificate (not sure is there any requirement to send marriage certificate? as our marriage was being help outside UK)
If she is applying as a spouse of BC following 3 years of residence, then she needs to provide proof of spouse (marriage certificate even if abroad) of BC (naturalisation certificate).
If she applied on her own merit after 5 years of residence including 1 year of ILR, those documents are not required.

See Best contact number for UKBA (to get update on appl)??.
She will need to call them as they don't reveal information to other people than the applicant (data protection ...).

hskhan2008

Post by hskhan2008 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Jambo wrote:
hskhan2008 wrote: actually i submitted her documents but forgot to attach my BC certificate and marriage certificate (not sure is there any requirement to send marriage certificate? as our marriage was being help outside UK)
If she is applying as a spouse of BC following 3 years of residence, then she needs to provide proof of spouse (marriage certificate even if abroad) of BC (naturalisation certificate).
If she applied on her own merit after 5 years of residence including 1 year of ILR, those documents are not required.

See Best contact number for UKBA (to get update on appl)??.
She will need to call them as they don't reveal information to other people than the applicant (data protection ...).
Hi
I tried to contact using the mentioned telephone number, but auto answer will ask you to email any enquiry at ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk "call ends after that". I tried all options but same result
I already email 2 days ago but no reply :(
Bit worried plz help me if anybody knows where to send document in case if you miss any

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:29 am

faz28 wrote:I need some help with my husband's british citizenship application. My husband got a fixed penalty in 2010 (3 points & £60 fine), didn't go through court. Never mentioned this in his ilr application because he thought it was a fixed penalty not a conviction by court.Fixed penalty is for driving while holding a mobile phone.

My husband is self-employed (obtain ilr under long residence), does he need to send his self assesment statement.

Yes, you should mention this on your BC application and don't worry you will get your approval as it is only Fixed Penalty. If you didn't disclose this then they take it seriously. Good luck!

faz28

Post by faz28 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 pm

skymoon wrote:
faz28 wrote:I need some help with my husband's british citizenship application. My husband got a fixed penalty in 2010 (3 points & £60 fine), didn't go through court. Never mentioned this in his ilr application because he thought it was a fixed penalty not a conviction by court.Fixed penalty is for driving while holding a mobile phone.

Yes, you should mention this on your BC application and don't worry you will get your approval as it is only Fixed Penalty. If you didn't disclose this then they take it seriously. Good luck!
Hi thanks everyone for your kind advice. Today my husband submitted his application through NCS, I couldn't go bcoz I had to look after our small one. The lady in the NCS has not taken any copy of my husbands old passport(1st passport he entered UK with). She has only taken the present one which has 5years residence in uk. Will this be a problem.

Even she has told that tax return is not needed, this he told me on phone so I told him to go & give it otherwise withdraw, so he gave the tax return. I don't know how incompetent these people are we use them to check if everything is alright but now I don't know.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02 pm

Passports are only required to cover the 5 years. Not more.

Tax self assessment is normally only required for applicant who used to be PBS migrants and in any case, no one get refused because he didn't submit his SA.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:04 am

Jambo wrote:Passports are only required to cover the 5 years. Not more.

Tax self assessment is normally only required for applicant who used to be PBS migrants and in any case, no one get refused because he didn't submit his SA.
Thank u very much you made our day.