ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing time for my application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vishnu_victory
Newly Registered

Processing time for my application

Post by vishnu_victory » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:34 pm

hi all
i applied for tier 4 uk visa on 7th september
wen checking my status it's as follows

7/9/10--your visa application has been forwarded to British high commission

status changed on
12/9/10--- Visa application is under process at the British High Commission

how much time will it further take

thanx in advance

vishnu_victory
Newly Registered

Post by vishnu_victory » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:37 pm

applied at VFS HYDERABAD

Jivesh
Newly Registered

Post by Jivesh » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:04 pm

I have the same problem, only difference being that I had applied early on 19th August. On 24th August I got the message that visa is under process at BHC. However, I still haven't heard from them till now. There was a slight problem, that I came to know very recently of, regarding confirmation of JACS code from the college side. That issue was resolved through my agent on this Wednesday, that is 22nd September. How much more time can the processing take? It has been more than a month and most of the students who had applied later than me have got their visa already. As far as my documents are concerned, my agent says that everything was correct and she was expecting my visa to come within days, but I am still waiting for it. I had applied at VFS New Delhi centre.

vishnu_victory
Newly Registered

Post by vishnu_victory » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:01 pm

anyways i got status change as follows
23rd September processed application delivered to blue dart on 22/9/2010
24th i got my visa!!

Jivesh
Newly Registered

Post by Jivesh » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:09 pm

Congrats!
By the way, in which institute are you going and for what course?

vishnu_victory
Newly Registered

Post by vishnu_victory » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:15 pm

university of leeds

MSc automotive engg

sidzzz
Newly Registered

Post by sidzzz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:57 am

@vishnu..
Congratz..

but can u plz tell me...12/09/2010 was on sunday..r u sure that ur status was changed on 12th as i believe they dun work on weekends..(Saturday & Sunday)

my case was submitted on 6th Sep. and it came to under process at BHC on 21st Sep.
I am still waitin for the decission..

achoo
Newly Registered

Post by achoo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi All

could you please share your processing time, OR in which stage you are at the moment , it will definitely help others, and thats how u cam make forum alive.

plz share ur cases,

thnkas

achoo
Newly Registered

Post by achoo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:02 pm

By the way i submitted mine on 22 Sep ,
on 26 application come to under process
and on 30 its returned .

so hope for the good , will let you know once i received my passport.

cheers

achoo
Newly Registered

Dear All Moderators

Post by achoo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Dear All Moderators
John, JAJ, archigabe, sushdmehta, chetanojha, push, sbrennan, batleykhan, vinny, Casa

i would like to request to all above mentioned name , if you could copy paste some successful or unsuccessful cases which you gone through in other categories, (as there is so many limited user who can benefit from this thread), and will have an idea whats the processing time of different zones and categories on monthly basis if we carry on,

regards

jitu1985
Newly Registered

Post by jitu1985 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:51 pm

@vishnu
how can they update the status on sunday and vfs do not use blue dart, they use speed post.

hey to all, i applied tier 4 student visa on 17 September. got the under processing message on 22 September and i am still waiting for my visa. it's been more than 2 weeks now. i applied to delhi VFS via chopra consultancy.

My course starts on 4th October and i am going to University of Bedfordshire. all other ppl plz post ur visa updates. thanks !!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Dear All Moderators

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:20 am

Every application is assessed on the merits of evidence(s) submitted alongwith and therefore not every application can be expected to follow the same timeline. No one but UKBA / BHC can advise you on processing time for your application - why it took so less or why it is taking so long? Or why someone else received a visa before you even though you had submitted the application earlier.
achoo wrote:will have an idea whats the processing time of different zones and categories on monthly basis
See Guide to visa processing times.

regards

vicky8319
United Kingdom

Re: Dear All Moderators

Post by vicky8319 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:33 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Every application is assessed on the merits of evidence(s) submitted alongwith and therefore not every application can be expected to follow the same timeline. No one but UKBA / BHC can advise you on processing time for your application - why it took so less or why it is taking so long? Or why someone else received a visa before you even though you had submitted the application earlier.
This was very true in my case....