ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Maternity absence 287 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cheersmate
Newly Registered

ILR - Maternity absence 287 days

Post by cheersmate » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi,

My wife was spent 220 days in stretch for maternity leave, through out this period she was paid by UK employer. In last five year she has spent total to 287 days abroad. Please advise what are the possibility of granting ILR in this situation

220 = 180 (maternity) + 40 days my daughter's visa refused so we again reapplied this took together additional 40 days

Thank you
Last edited by cheersmate on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:55 pm

Your wife is the PBS migrant or dependant? Her absences as a dependant won't matter.

As a PBS migrant, even with the new guidance that indicates that it will allows 180 continuous days outside the UK, the fact that is was not a work-related absence or a compassionate one (given that UK maternity care is freely available and of a quality), would mean that such an absence will have certainly re-set her residence period.

cheersmate
Newly Registered

Post by cheersmate » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:49 am

She's PBS migrant, can maternity leave absence excluded from residency calculation?

Thank you

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:49 am

cheersmate wrote:She's PBS migrant, can maternity leave absence excluded from residency calculation?

Thank you
No. Maternity can only be excluded from earning period.
Goodluck.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:43 am

cheersmate wrote:Hi,

My wife stayed 182 days in India (Maternity Leave)
we have applied ILR in January 2013 have received Acknowledgement letter and completed boimetric test by the mid of February 2013. After six month our local MP wrote a letter to HO and received reply from HO advised will take another four months (will be ending in November first week)

I am still waiting reply from HO. Can you please advise

Thank you
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:44 am

I'd wait till November and then if there is no decision get the MP to write back. You can also consider writing a complaint to the UKBA and then escalating it to the ombudsman.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.