ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SU07/12 for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kumar2012

SU07/12 for Spouse Visa

Post by kumar2012 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi everyone, My spouse visa application was submitted in August but did not include SU07/12 with my application. VFS staff did not request it. My understanding was that it was only required for dependent relatives and not Spouse.

I became very confused when I read in different forums that Sponsorship Undertaking is required and Spouse visas (a few occasions) are refused because of not submitting it.

I completed SU07/12 and e-mailed to UKBA Chennai. The immediate reply was...

"A decision has been made on your application. Please contact VFS after six workind days"

I am now very concerned... Refusal?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:13 pm

The SU07 is not asked for with partner applications unless in exceptional circumstances, and this is at the request of the visa post rather than the applicant having guess if they are in an exceptional situation and must therefore submit it. Additionally, this was an arbitrary measure under the old rules. The new immigration rules are more robust with respect to maintenance and I can no longer see any relevance for the SU07 in light of the changes.

We can't guess the outcome of your individual application but it should not be refused for the lack of an SU07 that was not asked for.

riversidecreations

Post by riversidecreations » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:27 pm

My application was submitted on 27th August and the application was refused and they mentioned that a sponsorship undertaking was requested and we did not submit... which is not true.

Please don't assume that it is refusal... but hope for the best...
Sujan
-------------------------
Application Submitted : 27/08/2012
Application refused :( - 09/11/2012
Appeal Lodged : 15/11/2012
ECM to respond by : 30/04/2012
DOT Letter received : 24/04/2013
Passport/Visa Collected : 14/05/2013

janata
BANNED

Post by janata » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:00 pm

the solicitor must sign Sponsorship Undertaking or just sign it by my husband???

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:10 pm

It has to be signed by the sponsor of an elderly dependant relative. The fact that riversidecreations has encounted a glitch in the UKBA standard of service (and will hopefully be resolved in due course) should not be cause for a general state of panic about something that is not necessary for partner applications.

janata
BANNED

Post by janata » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Who signs at the end??

Franko

Post by Franko » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:04 pm

janata wrote:Who signs at the end??
That section states official use only and is for signing by the assessing ECO. I have seen many people state that this needs signing by a solicitor this is not true, its for the ECO.

desmortess

Re: SU07/12 for Spouse Visa

Post by desmortess » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:48 am

kumar2012 wrote:Hi everyone, My spouse visa application was submitted in August but did not include SU07/12 with my application. VFS staff did not request it. My understanding was that it was only required for dependent relatives and not Spouse.

I became very confused when I read in different forums that Sponsorship Undertaking is required and Spouse visas (a few occasions) are refused because of not submitting it.

I completed SU07/12 and e-mailed to UKBA Chennai. The immediate reply was...

"A decision has been made on your application. Please contact VFS after six workind days"

I am now very concerned... Refusal?
Dear kumar

What is the status now? Have you got the visa?

kumar2012

Post by kumar2012 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:31 am

It was refused for not submitting SU07/12 form.
I am in the perocess of reapplying and appealing.

Very annoyed!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:44 am

kumar2012 wrote:It was refused for not submitting SU07/12 form.
I am in the perocess of reapplying and appealing.

Very annoyed!
It can not be refused for not supplying the SU07 Form as that form does not apply to spouse visa.It must be for other reasons than this.

When an applicant from Indian subcontinent apply, the BHC in these countries normally ask for a sponsorship letter and declaration.

This takes the form of a letter of support from the sponsor confirming they are supporting the application and agrees to be responsible for the applicant and all their cost if and when they arrive in UK.

The letter also briefly outlines how the couples met,got married and their plans for the future. The letter is normally signed by the sponsor and forms part of teh application.

It does not need to be signed by a solicitor or anybody, just the sponsor.

If you have not done this, then there is a good chance that the ECO might assume the sponsor does not want to sponsor applicant, or the applicant maybe applying themselves with out any sponsor in UK, and the ECO might have refused the application for this reason.

It would be interesting to see the reasons for refusal in full before commenting further :wink:

kumar2012

Post by kumar2012 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:14 pm

I was refused for not giving SU07/12!!

I had a sponsor stuatory declaration (affidavit) done with the application!

I am not the only person who got this... please read on in the forums!