ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheford

fax to Liverpool

Post by sheford » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:57 pm

@amara.naveed

I sent the fax to liverpool on 01512132910...This Fax i got it from Sanjacs..
hope it helps..

amara.naveed wrote:@ Spidery_thread

thanks for reply. what do u suggest me. should i call them bak and ask for the other fax number or i should fax on the number they gave.

thanks

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Liv Fax #

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:43 am

@Amara,

You can call UKBA on standard number and ask them specifically whether the number they provided you earlier is for team who is holding your application or just a general fax number for Liverpool Settlement Office?
Last edited by Spidery_thread on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Fax Number

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:44 am

@Sheford,

When did you last use this fax #: 01512132910?

Any replies to your fax request?

NewtownDesi

Post by NewtownDesi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:53 am

Can anyone tell me what is the name of the delivery company which delivers all the document? :roll:

I think approval letter comes in normal 2nd class royal mail post.
BRP and, passport & other documents comes seperately.

Thanks All and Keep up the good work :)

eagle_guy34
Newly Registered

Re: Call to UKBA

Post by eagle_guy34 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:45 am

sugadev wrote:Just called UKBA to check if my application has been allocated with to a case worker and the answer was "Not in the system". Further the lady told me that it is unlikely that the October files will be opened this year as September Bio Invitations started showing up just few days back with Christmas holidays kicking in soon. Fantastic. Atleast I will not be making any calls to UKBA until 2nd week of January.

it looks like she was telling lies. my partner applied set M 23 October and biometrics were requested on 22 november and taken 27 november.

sugadev

Re: Call to UKBA

Post by sugadev » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 am

eagle_guy34 wrote:
sugadev wrote:Just called UKBA to check if my application has been allocated with to a case worker and the answer was "Not in the system". Further the lady told me that it is unlikely that the October files will be opened this year as September Bio Invitations started showing up just few days back with Christmas holidays kicking in soon. Fantastic. Atleast I will not be making any calls to UKBA until 2nd week of January.

it looks like she was telling lies. my partner applied set M 23 October and biometrics were requested on 22 november and taken 27 november.
SET(M) applications are getting luckier than SET(O). UKBA will soon be choking on SET(O) applications if the trend continues. May be it is one way to avoid getting calls from SET(O) applicants. What an approach by UKBA.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Biometrics

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 am

NewtownDesi wrote:Can anyone tell me what is the name of the delivery company which delivers all the document? :roll:

Approval letter and document(including passports) arrives together(if your case worker is efficient) via Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Delivery(sign for).

My BRP also arrived with Royal Mail Last year(signature required).
Last edited by Spidery_thread on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Did anything arrive at your door, NewtownDesi???
(Anxiously waiting for your good news :) )
NewtownDesi wrote:Can anyone tell me what is the name of the delivery company which delivers all the document? :roll:

ziggystardust
Newly Registered

Post by ziggystardust » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Apparently its DX Courier now contracted with UKBA.

Captainfantastic

Post by Captainfantastic » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:03 pm

That is my understanding too (documents by post). I spoke to my postman about 4 or 5 weeks ago and he said that the Post Office no longer deliver passports. They lost the contract some time ago. As ziggystardust has said, I believe that the courier for passports (and I guess the Residency Permit) is DZ.

SameerBhagawatUk

New tactic by UKBA - LOL

Post by SameerBhagawatUk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:15 pm

I applied on 29th May and as its been well over six months I called UKBA to ask the status of my application.

The reply given was that the guidline of six months is from the day you give the Biometric and not the date of applicaiton. Hilarious

atk3501
Newly Registered

Re: New tactic by UKBA - LOL

Post by atk3501 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:33 pm

SameerBhagawatUk wrote:I applied on 29th May and as its been well over six months I called UKBA to ask the status of my application.

The reply given was that the guidline of six months is from the day you give the Biometric and not the date of applicaiton. Hilarious
That person lied to you, it's actually six months from date of application. You can even check the website for the information. If you talk to someone else within UKBA they will tell you it's six calendar months from date of application.

SameerBhagawatUk

Post by SameerBhagawatUk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:49 pm

atk3501 wrote:
SameerBhagawatUk wrote:I applied on 29th May and as its been well over six months I called UKBA to ask the status of my application.

That person lied to you, it's actually six months from date of application. You can even check the website for the information. If you talk to someone else within UKBA they will tell you it's six calendar months from date of application.

Yes I am aware that what she has said is not correct - its just that they are in such a big mess that they have even starting saying things that dont make sense at all

atk3501
Newly Registered

Post by atk3501 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:56 pm

SameerBhagawatUk wrote:
atk3501 wrote:

Yes I am aware that what she has said is not correct - its just that they are in such a big mess that they have even starting saying things that dont make sense at all
Have have correspondence with your case worker as was suggested earlier on? You can ask to speak to a supervisor who can provide you case worker fax number! I hope I am correct looking at previous comments as they suggest its a tried and tested method...

SameerBhagawatUk

Post by SameerBhagawatUk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:57 pm

atk3501 wrote:
SameerBhagawatUk wrote:
atk3501 wrote:

Have have correspondence with your case worker as was suggested earlier on? You can ask to speak to a supervisor who can provide you case worker fax number! I hope I am correct looking at previous comments as they suggest its a tried and tested method...
I seriously doubt if sending a fax will make any difference at all... Well I dont have any urgent travel plans so am OK with waiting for a few more weeks - obviously its very stressful - but dont have any other alternative

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:57 pm

SameerBhagawatUk wrote:
atk3501 wrote:

When I was applying for my student visa 10 years ago, I happened to meet someone who lived in Croydon, who told me that she and her mates did summer job in home office opening applications and sorting them out when she was 15 or 16. She was allowed to reject applications that were missing things (documents, payments, etc.) and that was shocking to me. Some school girl could reject my matter-of-life application!

Anyway, it's an old story yet they are still a pile of mess, nothing changes!

sparky371
Newly Registered

Post by sparky371 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:05 pm

any updated telephone no to contact the UKBA as the 0870 606 6677 is dead

i received the BRP letter on the 4th but still no passport delivered and i am worried thats its lost.

sheford

Re: Fax Number

Post by sheford » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:07 pm

@Spidery_thread,

I sent the fax yesterday to these numbers:

Spidery_thread wrote:@Sheford,

SameerBhagawatUk

Post by SameerBhagawatUk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:08 pm

sparky371 wrote:any updated telephone no to contact the UKBA as the 0870 606 6677 is dead

i received the BRP letter on the 4th but still no passport delivered and i am worried thats its lost.
assuming you have not made a typo error - the correct number is

0870 606 7766
and

not 0870 606 6677

amara.naveed
Newly Registered

Re: Fax Number

Post by amara.naveed » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:39 pm

sheford wrote:@Spidery_thread,

I sent the fax yesterday to these numbers:

Spidery_thread wrote:@Sheford,

Thanks sheford and Spidery_thread for your reply.

I contacted my local MP today. they will email UKBA for my case as well. And i will contact UKBA my self again and ask them for the specific fax number.

@ sheford --- If you get a reply for your fax please let us know.

Thanks

ziggystardust
Newly Registered

Post by ziggystardust » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 pm

sparky371 wrote:any updated telephone no to contact the UKBA as the 0870 606 6677 is dead

Funny it was dead sometime today but when I tried later it was working. Only to speak to a machine though..

Captainfantastic

Post by Captainfantastic » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Captainfantastic wrote:

That is my understanding too (documents by post). I spoke to my postman about 4 or 5 weeks ago and he said that the Post Office no longer deliver passports. They lost the contract some time ago. As ziggystardust has said, I believe that the courier for passports (and I guess the Residency Permit) is DZ.
Sorry, I meant DX, NOT DZ!

sheford

Number of case workers for ILR applications..

Post by sheford » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:38 pm

I found this info from UKBA under FOI request...

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/i ... ing-339290

6th Dec 2012

1. How many case workers are currently available to process Indefinite Leave postal applications?

I can advise that there are 107 caseworkers processing ILR applications; some of these work part-time and the full time equivalent is 98.89

2. How many case workers are currently available to process Indefinite Leave in person applications at public enquiry offices?

Personal applications may be made at Belfast (2), Cardiff (7), Croydon (112), Glasgow (10), Liverpool (17), Sheffield (10) and Solihull (7). The figure in brackets shows the number of caseworkers in each location giving a total number of caseworkers across UK Border Agency of 165. Some of these work part-time and the full time equivalent is 163.90.

3. What is the current target for processing of Postal applications per case worker per week?

There is no specific weekly target, the service standard is to decide 95% of all applications within 6 months.

4. What is the actual processing speed of ILR Postal applications per case worker per week?

UK Border Agency does not hold this information.

5. What was the actual processing speed of ILR postal applications per case worker per week for the same period last year?

6. Why can UK Border Agency decide an application made in person in one day and yet it is 6 months for a postal application to have a decision?

Applicants pay a fee which is appropriate and proportionate for the same day service and whilst applicants for the postal service also pay a fee, this is considerably less than the fee charged for the same day service as it will reflect the waiting time involved for a decision.

Kam123
- thin ice -

Re: Number of case workers for ILR applications..

Post by Kam123 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:44 am

[quote="sheford"]I found this info from UKBA under FOI request...

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/i ... ing-339290

[b]6th Dec 2012[/b]

[b]1. How many case workers are currently available to process Indefinite Leave postal applications?[/b]

I can advise that there are 107 caseworkers processing ILR applications; some of these work part-time and the full time equivalent is 98.89

[b]2. How many case workers are currently available to process Indefinite Leave in person applications at public enquiry offices? [/b]

Personal applications may be made at Belfast (2), Cardiff (7), Croydon (112), Glasgow (10), Liverpool (17), Sheffield (10) and Solihull (7). The figure in brackets shows the number of caseworkers in each location giving a total number of caseworkers across UK Border Agency of 165. Some of these work part-time and the full time equivalent is 163.90.

[b]3. What is the current target for processing of Postal applications per case worker per week? [/b]

There is no specific weekly target, the service standard is to decide 95% of all applications within 6 months.

[b]4. What is the actual processing speed of ILR Postal applications per case worker per week? [/b]

[b]5. What was the actual processing speed of ILR postal applications per case worker per week for the same period last year?[/b]

[b]6. Why can UK Border Agency decide an application made in person in one day and yet it is 6 months for a postal application to have a decision? [/b]

Applicants pay a fee which is appropriate and proportionate for the same day service and whilst applicants for the postal service also pay a fee, this is considerably less than the fee charged for the same day service as it will reflect the waiting time involved for a decision.[/quote]

Seriously guys, UKBA are taking everyone and everything for granted. None of their answers add up and everything they say is turning out to be either false information or contrary to the home office guidelines. I would love to make a complaint and get as many people as possible to sign the complaint letter. The problem is, I am waiting for my 6 months to be over because i cannot send in an official complaint before that, but in the meantime, if anyone feels as strongly as i do, then here's the links for official means of complaining :-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/

SameerBhagawatUk

Delivery of documents

Post by SameerBhagawatUk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:23 am

I called UKBA today and they have said that a package was sent out yesterday and gave me the reference number for the Royal Mail special delivery package (the same that I had sent them for return delivery)

Can anybody comment on how long after they say that they have sent the package, do they actually post the documents?

The reason I am asking is that the Royal Mail reference number is not yet tracked on the website which would mean that they have not yet posted the package.