ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which visa to process for my wife when I am in ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immi_enq
Newly Registered

which visa to process for my wife when I am in ILR

Post by immi_enq » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi All,

I am in Tier1 general visa.So,my wife is in Tier1 Dependant visa.I am moving to my ILR in Jan 2013. My wife came into UK on May 2011.She is completing her 2 yrs only in May 2013. Her current Tier1 dependant visa expires on March 2013. But,she stil has 2 months left over to complete her 2 yrs of stay with me to move to ILR along with me..But,I am moving to my ILR as mentioned in the beginning on Jan 2013.Now I want to know when I move to my ILR,my visa status changes from Tier1 to ILR, so when I have to extend my wife's visa is it possible to extend her on Tier1 PBS dependant as I am no longer in Tier1 visa status.Is it illegal? or should I extend her visa to FLR(M) based on my ILR status? Please let me know ASAP.

Hottie
Newly Registered

Post by Hottie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:18 am

If she hasnt completed her two years, then its best to extend her visa to FLR(M) based on your ILR status. I have seen a lot of dependant ilr rejected because they havent completed the inital 2 years.