ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Short term - extension or switching

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nikheeldj
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Short term - extension or switching

Post by nikheeldj » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:56 pm

I am from india.My Tier 2 ICT short term visa was processed in July 2012.it is valid till 15.08.2013.But my presence is required in UK till 15.09.2013
I wanted to know whether this visa can be extended ?if not then can it be switched to Tier 2 long term ICT while i am here.Or is there any other way to extend my stay..

manci
Respected Guru

Re: TIER 2 ICT SHROT TERM STAFF VISA EXTENSION

Post by manci » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:06 pm

nikheeldj wrote:I am from india.My Tier 2 ICT short term visa was processed in July 2012.it is valid till 15.08.2013.But my presence is required in UK till 15.09.2013

I wanted to know whether this visa can be extended ? no,

if not then can it be switched to Tier 2 long term ICT while i am here no, only if you apply from abroad for entry clearance .

Or is there any other way to extend my stay. marriage to a settled person (if you are not married already)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:24 pm

nikheeldj wrote:Is it possible that Tier 2 ICT short term visa can be switched to Tier 2 general while applicant is in UK before expiry of Tier 2 ICT visa?

pls guide
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mrmanojrai
Newly Registered

Post by mrmanojrai » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi sushdmehta,

What you did finally? Could you speak with UKBA to find the possibility?

I mean if it is possible to switch to ICT long term while you are here in UK and your salary is above 40K?

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:54 pm

mrmanojrai wrote:
I mean if it is possible to switch to ICT long term while you are here in UK and your salary is above 40K?
Only permitted if the application meets paragraph 245GD(b) of the Immigration Rules, which state:
(b) if the applicant is applying for leave to remain as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant in the Long Term Staff sub-category:

(i) the applicant must have, or have last been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as either:

(1) a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant in the Long Term Staff sub-category, or

(2) a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant in the established Staff sub-category under the Rules in place before 6 April 2011, or

(3) a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant granted under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, or

(4) a Qualifying Work Permit Holder, provided that the work permit was granted because the applicant was the subject of an Intra-Company Transfer, or

(5) as a representative of an overseas Business, and

(ii) the applicant must still be working for the same employer as he was at the time of that earlier grant of leave.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/