ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samira_uk
BANNED

Tier 1 Extension questions

Post by samira_uk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi All,

I have two questions about Tier 1 G extension:

1-It is said that the wage considered is Gross Salary before tax. As we know, there are many other things that are being deducted from salary such as NI, loan repayment, etc. Therefore, Gross Salary means salary before all deductions?

2-On payslips there is usually a pay date and this pay date often the last day of the corresponding month and not the payment date. Then, it will make any problem? In guidance it is not requested that the payslips should show the date of payment. But I want to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

tier1_aspirant123

Re: Tier 1 Extension questions

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:03 pm

samira_uk wrote:Hi All,

I have two questions about Tier 1 G extension:

1-It is said that the wage considered is Gross Salary before tax. As we know, there are many other things that are being deducted from salary such as NI, loan repayment, etc. Therefore, Gross Salary means salary before all deductions?
Generally any thing that involves deduction of NI and PAYE will be considered mostly allowances are not counted as there is no NI and PAYE deduction on these. May be others can throw more light on this.
2-On payslips there is usually a pay date and this pay date often the last day of the corresponding month and not the payment date. Then, it will make any problem? In guidance it is not requested that the payslips should show the date of payment. But I want to be sure.
This is not a problem date on your salary will not always be the date of payment the important thing is amount in the pay slip and bank statement should match

Thanks in advance.
Tier1 Aspirant

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Thank you for your help. I am waiting for more help from senior members regarding deductions. Actually, I think UKBA meant before all deduction. For example when you are repaying a loan, it actually does not decrease your salary and your earning is unchanged.

By the way, I am looking for more assurance in this matter.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:23 am

Assessment of previous earnings
We assess your gross salary before tax.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:26 am

I know it well. But it is still unclear. OK, it is before tax, but it is before NI? or before any loan repayment? Tax is not the only thing that deducted from salary.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:06 am

It's your gross pay before deductions, including tax, NI, pension contributions & anything else you may be paying towards etc...