ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Short Term Staff Migrant Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jcnath
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Short Term Staff Migrant Extension

Post by jcnath » Thu May 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi All,

I came to UK on July-2011, from India , on a Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Short Term Staff Migrant Visa which is expiring on Jun-2012.
Is there any way by which the visa can be extended so that I can continue living here . If not , how soon can I come back again and
in which category.

Thanks,
jcnath

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri May 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Some company in UK have to sponsor you a visa or your existing company have to sponsor and extend a new visa.

Limitiation is that you cant work for other employers. and if you travel to india and dont return in 3 months, i think the visa will expire. not sure about this thing. But please check guidance for tier 2.

thanks
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri May 04, 2012 1:29 pm

These are the rules. see the Tier 2 policy guidance:

a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant in the Short Term Staff, Graduate Trainee or Skills Transfer sub-categories will be granted leave no longer than 12 months; at which point you must leave the UK and you will not be able to re-apply for further leave under an Intra-Company Transfer category (other than in the Long Term Staff sub-category) until 12 months after your last leave as an Intra-Company Transfer expired.

mrmanojrai
Newly Registered

Post by mrmanojrai » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:20 am

jcnath,

could you extend your ICT short term visa while residing in UK only?