ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 - Marriage Certificate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vajnah
Newly Registered

EEA2 - Marriage Certificate

Post by vajnah » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:46 pm

I am a Swedish national living in UK. I went abroad to Kyrgyzstan where I got married. We have an official marriage certificate from there.

My wife came to UK now on the Family permit VAF5.

Do we need to get another proof of our marriage or will the marriage certificate from Kyrgyzstan be sufficient when applying for EEA2?

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:48 pm

that should b enough just get it translated if u havent already done so..

proof of ur employment + ur and her passport

thats it

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:01 pm

You have already provided the marriage certificate to UKBA when you applied for the EEA Family Permit.

They know that you are married.

I would submit exactly what you submitted when you applied for the EEA Family Permit.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:50 pm

You are very lucky that the UK authorities accept other jurisdiction's certification. Other EU countries are less accommodating.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:12 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:You are very lucky that the UK authorities accept other jurisdiction's certification. Other EU countries are less accommodating.
I believe it is an obligation rather than a concession on the part of the UK to recognise marriages which were undertaken in another jurisdiction. On the basic of comity of nation and international added to Metock, i will simply say the UK is abiding by the rules rather than a question of one being fortunate or lucky
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:27 am

[quote="Obie"][quote="EUsmileWEallsmile"]You are very lucky that the UK authorities accept other jurisdiction's certification. Other EU countries are less accommodating.[/quote]

I believe it is an obligation rather than a concession on the part of the UK to recognise marriages which were undertaken in another jurisdiction. On the basic of comity of nation and international added to Metock, i will simply say the UK is abiding by the rules rather than a question of one being fortunate or lucky[/quote]

The UK does and as far as I can see has for a very long time accepted foreign marriages and documents. It does not require these to be apostolised, etc.

Other EU countries differ. They do indeed require other country's documents to be notorised or apostolised. The EU commission appears to support this. If one reads the visa issuing guidance and the "better transposition" document, both state this.

I've personally never had to do this myself, but feel fortunate with the UK's stance.

soni1
Newly Registered

Post by soni1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:59 am

can some one plz help we are applying for eea2 but we didn t get our marriage certificate in english back when we applied vaf5.

What should we do translate our nikkah nama in urdu to english and were in Manchester. do we need a authority to sign it?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:26 am

soni1 wrote:can some one plz help we are applying for eea2 but we didn t get our marriage certificate in english back when we applied vaf5.
You should have gotten your marriage certificate back. Did you ask the embassy for it?

soni1
Newly Registered

Post by soni1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:12 am

No, we didn't we just realized it's missing.
we are know in uk and we just find it to hard to contact now..

can you please advice me is it neccesary to translate it... can t i send the eea2 without the form.?
or with my husbands birth certificate from
pakistan?