ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CITY & GUILDS LISTENING CERTIFCATE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MYRE
Newly Registered

CITY & GUILDS LISTENING CERTIFCATE

Post by MYRE » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Hey Guys Hope all is Well,

My wifes spouse Visa was refused on the 14/11/2012 due to not having a City & Guilds Listening Certficate which see passed along with the speaking, also one accomadation letter was missed by the ECO, Im now putting my appeal documents together can anyone advise whats doucuments I require or what they submitted for the English Listening?

Thanks

:cry: :( :(

saw87
Newly Registered

Post by saw87 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi MYRE, I'm really to hear your wife's visa was refused.

Did she take the City & Guilds IESOL speaking & listening 'spouse' test? My partner took this test last month and we are currently waiting for his results. My understanding from the test centre (in Leeds, UK) was that we will receive an email confirming his score and if he has passed, one certificate that covers both speaking and listening. I was planning on submitting both the email of results and original test certificate with our spouse visa application.

skstar

Post by skstar » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Sorry to hear that.
You need to enquire about this as a lot of people were refused due to having only being given 1 certificate from City and Guilds. You need to have one for listening and one for speaking.

skstar

Post by skstar » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Do you mean you forgot to put in an accommodation document? Or did they overlook it?

MYRE
Newly Registered

Post by MYRE » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:24 pm

No they Have over looked the documents so guess its a waiting game now.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

skstar

Post by skstar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Any ideas what you're going to submit?

You would think people in such a role would not over look things especially considering the files have been there for 6 months!!!!

I'm worried about something crucial being overlooked in my case :/

skstar

Post by skstar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 pm

what are you going to do in regards to the english ceritificate?

skstar

Post by skstar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Don't be too sad, at least it isn't a complicated appeal issue- Just try have some more patience, chances are over the reasons it will get overturned.

MYRE
Newly Registered

Post by MYRE » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Sorry for the late reply,

My wife has met the requirment for the English language so just puting documents confirming what the UKBA state what is required for a spouse visa application as evedience funnily its come straight from the UKBA website. Cases are over looked all the time as were humans we all make errors but the most important thing we must rember is how the Embassy can overcome the error once it surfaces,

saw87
Newly Registered

Post by saw87 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:57 pm

MYRE, that's a good attitude to have. Good luck with your appeal.

May I ask which documents did your wife receive from City & Guilds to confirm she met the language requirement?

Thanks

MYRE
Newly Registered

Post by MYRE » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Sorry for the late reply;

My wife submitted Spoken Esol certficate with candiate results and IESOL candiate results showing a pass for the listening section,

Myre :(

Worry Not
Newly Registered

Post by Worry Not » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:33 pm

@MYRE

How are you getting along?
Was it overturned on review?

ImmyA
Newly Registered

Post by ImmyA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:50 am

MYRE wrote:Sorry for the late reply;

My wife submitted Spoken Esol certficate with candiate results and IESOL candiate results showing a pass for the listening section,

Myre :(
Hi Myre. my visa got rejected for the same reason. I lodged my appeal over 5 months ago, pending review deadline date was given - 14/12/2012. Only one day to and still not heard anything yet. Please do keep us updated on any developments.

ImmyA
Newly Registered

Post by ImmyA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:54 am

I included the following in my appeal pack:

- The UKBA reference document - English Language Test requirements PDF (available from the UKBA website). Highlighting page 12 (option 3), the acceptable City & Guild documentation.
- A copy of the UKBA Information/Guideline for partners PDF, also available from UKBA website. Highlighting on page 4, the English language requirement.
- the supporting documents from the Morely-Young Partnership Ltd - the company which my wife attended to get complete the required English tests. This included an explanation of why a test certificate is not provided when the listening section is only completed, how the English language requirement has been met by wife and also reasons for why they disagree with the decision. Also why a certificate is not issued. Probably the most important document in my appeal pack.
- Summary of why we disagree with ECO's reason for refusal.

Worry Not
Newly Registered

Post by Worry Not » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 am

@ImmyA

Can you provide a link to the for the first two points please?

I will no dobut be in the same position, after collection this afternoon.

Thanks

ImmyA
Newly Registered

Post by ImmyA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Worry Not wrote:@ImmyA

Can you provide a link to the for the first two points please?

I will no dobut be in the same position, after collection this afternoon.

Thanks

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... tests1.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf

saw87
Newly Registered

Post by saw87 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Can anyone advise how long it took to receive certificates from City & Guilds after sitting the ESOL speaking and listening exam?

Their guide lines are 32 working days but its now been 36 working days since my partner took his exam and still no results. We have contacted them and they say they will answer within 5 working days but close on Friday for Christmas holidays until 2nd January!

We are planning on submitting our spouse application in January and I'm started to panic that the certificates won't be available in time.