ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR countdown

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gracy
Newly Registered

FLR countdown

Post by gracy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:49 pm

Hello all
I have been issued a 2 year HSMP visa last week and i would like to know if the countdown for FLR will start when i first enter UK or is it from the date of my visa stamping. Thank u.

regards.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:21 pm

all i can say is, ur visa will expire in exactly two years from the stamping and you will need to apply for extension when it expires.

the time that will count for ILR will be the time you spend in UK.

gracy
Newly Registered

Post by gracy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:28 pm

Is this correct?
The 2 years start from the date the passport/travel document was endorsed for purpose of establishing how long a person is legally allowed tobe in the UK while the 2years start from the date the individual entered the UK for the purpose of establishing the eligibility of the individual for settlement. :?:
Thanks

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:40 pm

will the expiry of the visa is indicating by the expiry date. So there should'nt be any confusion about it.

However, for the ILR, yes, it is the actual time you spend in the UK. For example if you entered UK after 1 year, and at the second year, you would have actually spent only 1 year and that is the 1 year that would qualify for ILR.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:46 am

I agree with web hunter ....

You visa validity is 2 years from the date mentioned in the VISA , it can be the date it is enddorsed or a future date that is mentioned on the VISA.

But for ILR the ddate you enter into UK is considered till the day you leave UK.

Hope this makes things more clear .....

dnataraj

Clalrification required

Post by dnataraj » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:46 am

Hi,

Consider example given by webhunter:
For example if you entered UK after 1 year, and at the second year, you would have actually spent only 1 year and that is the 1 year that would qualify for ILR.

In the above case, before the completion of visa (initial 2 years) we have spent only for 1 year in UK. SO while applying for Extension will they give for 3 years or 4 years?

If as per policy they give 3 years. then total spent time in UK will be 1+3= 4years. But to get PR requirement is 5 years right...
so do we need to again apply for extension???

Pls respond if any body have experience...

Best Wishes,
Nataraj