ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR -Salary

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MicroDev
Newly Registered

ILR -Salary

Post by MicroDev » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:46 pm

HI
I am applying ILR soon and wish to know your opinion/advice on this.

In the work permit sponsered by my current employer the salary stated was 35K and this is printed on my current workpermit.
in jan this year I had 5k pay hike and my current salary is 40k.
Last week I asked for the employer letter for ILR and I got the letter stating my yearly salary is 40K.

the difference between the salary stated in the workpermit and in the ILR employer letter will create problems for me?. I dont have a formal letter or any proof for my salary hike.

Please advice/suggest me.

thank you

MicroDev
Newly Registered

Post by MicroDev » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:01 pm

Could anyone advice me on this please?.

thank you very much

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:10 pm

With all due respect note that the board is fronted by volunteers so don't expect an instantaneous response. Your improved package is irrelevant to the Home Office in the circumstances you describe - they need to see you earn enough to meet the 'can support without recourse to public funds' criteria which you appear to satisfy. I am somewhat surprised the increase was not notified in writing - might be in your best interests to follow this up with your HR.

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:37 pm

It's not a problem when your real salary is higher than what the WP says. It could be a problem if it is significantly lower than the WP.
Joseph