ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using Phone while Driving

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qwerty10
Newly Registered

Using Phone while Driving

Post by qwerty10 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi,

I am about to apply for my British Naturalisation but I am not sure if I need to declare following:

1) Driving Without Insurance - I was caught driving without insurance in August 2005 and I was given fixed penalty of 6 points and £200 fine. points have already come off my license so do I need to declare it or is it considered spent?

2) Using Phone while Driving - I was using my mobile as Sat Nav when police stopped me, Dec 2011. I received a letter from a police stating that I can either go on a course (this will save me from points and fine and prosecution) or I can go to court and get fixed penalty (if i am eligible). I went on a course and this matter was closed. There is no mention of this on my license. Do I need to declare this?

Can anyone please clarify this?

Thanks

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:12 pm

no need to mention anything.

your 1st conviction is spent after 5 years.

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:16 pm

No, you have no conviction. Your record is clear. Your first conviction has been spent and no need to declare. Good luck!

qwerty10
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty10 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:37 pm

I did not declare my first conviction as it has been over 5 years but I declared using phone conviction and explained what happened and the course i took.

I was granted Naturalisation.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Since LASPO act came into effect, for immigration and nationality matters no conviction ever becomes spent.

All convictions must be declared, no matter when they occurred.