ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Please - Can any Senior member help?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shoei13
Newly Registered

Help Please - Can any Senior member help?

Post by shoei13 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi everyone.
I have applied for Naturalisation at NCS(Slough). The lady there copied my documents and asked if I got P60 or any letter from employer I said no. She didnt make an issue.

The reason is that I am a director of a company but I ticked there as an employee and put the PAYEE Ref No on the form. I didnt have the P60 becoz I didnt pay the tax yet.

My question is If I have not yet pay the tax does it effort my Naturalisation as I showed that I am employee of the company and didnt tick the director bit. Ofcourse I am going to pay the tax but as now It stands does it affect my naturalisation application.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by shoei13 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Is the tax overdue? You've given a PAYE reference number.

shoei13
Newly Registered

Post by shoei13 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:45 pm

I have been running the company but just last month I registered for PAYEE and got the PAYEE reference no which I put on the application.

Someone told me some companies pay PAYEE quaterly so you can pay later.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Anwer the following questions so that i can advice you as i am also the director of my own company and successfully obtained british naturalization

1. Since when are you the director of your company ?
2. If less then 5 years, what you been doing before ?
3. Do you own 100% of your company ?
4. Have you got your own certified accountant ?

shoei13
Newly Registered

Post by shoei13 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Well I got one company registered in 2010 on which I applied the ILR using 12 month bank statement and 12 month payslips

I got approved on the same day.

Now I have another company registered in 2011 april. returns filed but accounts due in 2013 april.

I registered for PAYEE last month even though I was running the company now i got the PAYEE reference no. which i put down.

Yes I own the 100% company.

No He is my friend. He helps me file it.

Please bear in mind that I ticked employee not director.

before that I was working for a company I worked there for 3 years

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:11 pm

shoei13 wrote:Well I got one company registered in 2010 on which I applied the ILR using 12 month bank statement and 12 month payslips

I got approved on the same day.

Now I have another company registered in 2011 april. returns filed but accounts due in 2013 april.

I registered for PAYEE last month even though I was running the company now i got the PAYEE reference no. which i put down.

Yes I own the 100% company.

No He is my friend. He helps me file it.

I ticked Director when i submitted my application but it wont matter coz as a director you are also an employee of your company. My company was only 4 months old when i applied and before that i worked on PAYE. so i put my PAYE ref number as well as my limited company reference number on the form. I also enclosed a letter from my accountant. You will be ok. Dont worry

Please bear in mind that I ticked employee not director.

before that I was working for a company I worked there for 3 years

qwerty10
Newly Registered

Post by qwerty10 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi,

I am not the expert but I am in a similar situation as you.

If you are really worried about PAYE then I will suggest you to pay PAYE for the months you have been drawing salary. You can pay PAYE quarterly but you have to request HMRC for this otherwise it will be considered overdue.

I am a director and employee of my own company and when I pay my PAYE (monthly), my online HMRC accounts get updated with 2 days. This way your PAYE will be up to date by the time they process your application.