ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Licence for small company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier2
Newly Registered

Post by Tier2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi Guys,

Currently UKBA are processing applications submitted in Early August.

Need some advice please. My employer submitted application on 1/8/12. Today, we received a letter saying that the application has been refused. They returned all the documents saying that they emailed us on 26/11/2012 requesting us to send a signed audited account and gave a deadline of 3/12/12. My boss did not had any access to emails and therefore was not aware of it until today. He sent a signed copy of audited account this evening. Now, my understanding is if they refuse, we have to make a new application. My boss will email the UKBA on Monday requesting for them to reconsider the application in the hope that they would have received the document by Monday. What, in your opinion, is going to happen? Please advise. Much appreciated in advance.

Regards
Tier 2

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Thanks Tier 2 for informing that they are processing early august applications.

Well general understanding is that UKBA will advice you to make fresh application as they already refused it. but just give it a go and if your boss is contacting them on Monday let see what they say.
Why they ask for audited account is your company is public company and with loads of share holders? because my company is small and they can not have any audited accounts.

Tier2
Newly Registered

Post by Tier2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi jibri,

One of the documents was an audited account from our accountant. We are a small organisation with less than 100 employees.

If we submit a fresh application with an urgent treatment request, what are our chances of getting the licence early as my visa runs out on 10/02/2012 and UKBA will be shut down for Christmas and New year holidays. How soon can we get the licence?

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Ok so you send unaudited accounts as one of the four document required to send?
Well you stil have plenty of time for urgent treatment. Ask your company to send fresh application asap and request urgent treatment 10 to 15 working days before your visa expiring , their are few members on this forum who got license via urgent treatment and they were refused first . worst case you can see other topics in forum like send visa application without COS

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Tier2 wrote:Hi Guys,

Currently UKBA are processing applications submitted in Early August.
They quoted September 5th to me earlier this week, although that just means they're looking at cases from this date - not that they've been decided.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:23 pm

Tier2 wrote:
If we submit a fresh application with an urgent treatment request, what are our chances of getting the licence early as my visa runs out on 10/02/2012 and UKBA will be shut down for Christmas and New year holidays. How soon can we get the licence?
Nobody can really say how likely your employer is to get the licence in time - that will come down to whether UKBA keep up the recent speed with which they have been approving cases.

With regards to them being 'shut down for Christmas', they'll only be shut on public holidays - which is only 3 extra days around Christmas and New Year - so that shouldn't be a major factor.

yogi43
Newly Registered

Re: confused state...

Post by yogi43 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 pm

yogi43 wrote:We are in a confused state here...Has anybody encountered this ? My PSW expires in March 2013.To have ample amount of time we applied in July 2012 and this is the timeline of events...Anybody has idea whats going on?

19 July: Application Submitted

7 September: Letter from UKBA indicating we may be entitled to a refund of our fee. There was no indication of the status of the application itself.

7 September: Email to UKBA requesting clarification of their letter and an explanation of the status of the application.

27 September: Email Response from UKBA - Saying my query has been submitted to the relevant team and they would be in touch ASAP.

8 October: Having received no response we sent a chase up email.

10 October: UKBA sent an email asking us to clarify what we wanted to them to look into. This email made no reference to the previous email saying that my query had been sent to relevant department.

10 October : Clarification email sent by ourselves to UKBA

11 October: UKBA respond saying they have no record of our application on the system....

15 October: Email from new adviser at UKBA saying that they have emailed the case worker at UKBA again to chase.

16 October: We sent another email stating urgency of the matter explaining work permits due to expire March 2013

6 November: Received an email from UKBA asking if all has been resolved!!!!!

6 November: Replied to UKBA indicating nothing has been resolved... We are still no clearer regarding the status of the application.

8 November: Email from UKBA 'apologising' and asking me for a copy of the correspondence dated 7th September.

8 November: We sent a copy of the correspondence.
Ok we got the licence now...but still havent received the letter with login details....anybody have idea how much time it is taking for the login details letter..
thanks..

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:35 pm

yogi43 wrote: Ok we got the licence now...but still havent received the letter with login details....anybody have idea how much time it is taking for the login details letter..
thanks..
Normally a couple of days, user id is sent same day as password is sent by email.

If urgent, ask the the Level 1 user (the person that got the password emailed to them) to call UKBA on Monday morning - they're usually happy to email out the user id too.

yogi43
Newly Registered

Post by yogi43 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Normally a couple of days, user id is sent same day as password is sent by email.

If urgent, ask the the Level 1 user (the person that got the password emailed to them) to call UKBA on Monday morning - they're usually happy to email out the user id too.
Thanks Jeeves..I'll ask my company to contact them on Monday.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:19 pm

so jeeves we applied on mid Aug so what you think are they processing our application

Abdoulla.Elgazzar
Newly Registered

Post by Abdoulla.Elgazzar » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:39 pm

dears,

My company applied on July i think and they They have told me today morning that they started to receive email about their system login for the government website.

Should i consider this as an indicator that they will receive the license?

The website i am referring to is the official UKBA application one below:

https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... Home.faces.....

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:00 pm

jibri wrote:so jeeves we applied on mid Aug so what you think are they processing our application
Based on the dates UKBA are quoting the case should be being looked at by now.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:01 pm

Abdoulla.Elgazzar wrote:dears,

My company applied on July i think and they They have told me today morning that they started to receive email about their system login for the government website.

If they have received a password then the licence has been approved, decision letter (including user id) should arrive within a couple of days.

i_am_also_victim
Newly Registered

Post by i_am_also_victim » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:47 am

Hello People,

Just to let all you guys know that UKBA now treating fast when you ask them for urgent request for Sponsorship application. :)

We applied for sponsorship in September last week
Urgent request made on 3rd December because my visa expires on 15th December!

We got confirmation on 6th December that Caseworker looking into our application.
10th december we got email from UKBA that we assigned Tier 2 general sponsorship licence.
:D

Abdoulla.Elgazzar
Newly Registered

Post by Abdoulla.Elgazzar » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Jeeves wrote:

If they have received a password then the licence has been approved, decision letter (including user id) should arrive within a couple of days.
Sorry I confused you, the company didn’t receive the full login details or else they would have checked, they send them separately for security etc....What does that mean?

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Abdoulla.Elgazzar wrote:
Jeeves wrote:

Sorry I confused you, the company didn’t receive the full login details or else they would have checked, they send them separately for security etc....What does that mean?
you are confusing yourself now. If your company has got an email with the password, this means they are now registered to issue you a license. When they applied if they had stated that they needed a certain amount of licenses they should get it along with it. And from what i know this is the case only for Unrestricted CoS. For restricted the company will have to comply with the monthly quota system.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:35 pm

Does the SMS ever crash? My head of HR or whatever claims it crashed on him when he was in the middle of completing my CoS. I have every reason to doubt his story.

Kate

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:57 am

physicskate wrote:Does the SMS ever crash? My head of HR or whatever claims it crashed on him when he was in the middle of completing my CoS. I have every reason to doubt his story.

Kate
to be fair i heard someone else had a similar issue with the initial application forms.

but what i think it should be a technical glitch from your end. ask them to do the basics - clear cache, cookies on browser - restart - use better stable internet connection etc.

skraj
India

Post by skraj » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Hey guys,

Good News!!!! my employer got their licence today.
just a time line..

Sponsor Licence online application done: 24th OCT 2012
Application sent by post first time(uncertified documents): 1st NOV 2012
Application sent by post second time(certified by HR, along with covering letter): 7th NOV 2012
Email from UKBA requesting certified copies from Lawyer: 30th Nov 2012.
Certified copies from Lawyer sent by post: 5th December
Urgent treatment requested with visa copy: 6th December(Visa expires by 20th December)

Employer added in to list: today(12/12/2012) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Congratulation just want to know where to send urgent treatment request?
Thanks

skraj
India

Post by skraj » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:58 pm

jibri wrote:Congratulation just want to know where to send urgent treatment request?
Thanks
Thanks...

I have sent to all three ids below,

sponsorlicensing.support@ukba.gsi.gov.uk,

scoc@ukba.gsi.gov.uk,

SponsorProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:03 pm

OK
THANKS RAJ
I hope we will hear soon applied in mid Aug

crazyjelly
Newly Registered

Post by crazyjelly » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:56 pm

skraj wrote:Hey guys,

Good News!!!! my employer got their licence today.
just a time line..

Sponsor Licence online application done: 24th OCT 2012
Application sent by post first time(uncertified documents): 1st NOV 2012
Application sent by post second time(certified by HR, along with covering letter): 7th NOV 2012
Email from UKBA requesting certified copies from Lawyer: 30th Nov 2012.
Certified copies from Lawyer sent by post: 5th December
Urgent treatment requested with visa copy: 6th December(Visa expires by 20th December)

Employer added in to list: today(12/12/2012) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hey,

Lucky you!!!! Congratulations ;)

You know what...I just dont get how the UKBA pioritises applications as

my company applied for a sponsorship license in the first week of Oct.

my visa expired on 16/11/12

urgent treatement made on 2/11/12.

UKBA said my company's application's now being treated as urgent on 2/11/12, an hour after the request had been sent.

tier 2 general application sent without COS on 15/11/2012

Biometric enrolment letter received on 8/12/12 (dated on 5/12/12)

SPONSOPRSHIP LICENSE = STILL PENDING and have heard NOTHING

arghhhhhhhhh :( :( :(

Anishmani

apply for sponsor license or find a new employer ?

Post by Anishmani » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi everyone

My friend is in a difficult situation. She got 6-8 days short to get Permanent residency after staying in UK. She were granted working for 4 year and 10 months and 3 weeks.

WP issued on 2/04/2008
Visa applied on 9/4/2008 and granted sameday
Visa granted till 26/02/2013

5 year qualyfing period will be on 1/04/2013 and could apply for PR 28 days before it. so anytime after 3/3/2013. But between period 27/02/2013 to 3/3/2013 she doesnt have visa to stay in UK?
In this a friend had told to apply for PR by post. Would that a good plan?

or Apply for new tier 2 visa extension for few days? Her employer doensnt have a employer license to provide a CoS. So is it best to search for a new employer having a sponsor licence or her present employer to apply for sponsor license now and request for a urgent treatment of application 10 days before at Feb 15 as her visa runs out at 25th Feb 2013. Does anyone think Sponsor license will get in 2months? By reading 20+ pages i assumes it will take 3-4 months normally.

Can some give some suggestions.

Thanks

Anish mani

sunmuk
Newly Registered

Post by sunmuk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi I would like to share my sponsorship application process dates

Applied for sponsor license: 18th Oct 2012
Visa expiry : 31st Dec 2012
Urgent request: 5th Dec 2012
Sponsorship given : 10th Dec 2012
Got LoginId for SMS: 13 Dec 2012