ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 , PR time to apply ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gr8sjaans
Newly Registered

EEA4 , PR time to apply ?

Post by gr8sjaans » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Hello
hope you will help in my case

My wife is from Portugal and I am non EU national from Pakistan
My case is like this
1. I Came to UK on student visa............09 September 2005
2. Apply for certificate of Approval.........16 July 2008
3. Start living together...........................August 2008
4. Married...............................................05th October 2008
5. EEA2 application post.........................07 November 2008
6. HO received my application................08 November 2008
7. Resident card issued..........................07 August 2009
8. Valid until...................................... ...07 August 2014

Throughout these years me and my wife working continually and we have all proof and able to provide the required documents for EEA4 (PR)
My questions are….
1. When I can apply for EEA4 (PR)?
2. 5 years of our marriage complete in 5 October 2013 So can I apply for PR in October 2013? Or
3. My RC issued on 07 August 2009 valid until 7 August 2014 Or do I need to wait more apply in August 2014?
4. We married in October 2008 but I received my Resident card after 10 months in August 2009 so these 10 months will be count in 5 years time?
5. 5 years time start from the date of marriage or issue of RC ?
6. my last question is Can I apply for PR in person(window) at home office ?

Last question for my friend …
My friend from Pakistan and his girl friend from Portugal they will marry in future soon so does her Portuguese wife need show 18000 incomes per year as this is requirement of home office?

Will be thanks full for your reply …

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:38 pm

05/10/2013 (5 years after your marriage).

Under EEA regulations, after 5 continuous years of the EEA national exercising treaty rights, the EEA national (and family members living in the UK) automatically obtain Permanent Residence status. Whether you had a residence document or not is irrelevant. Whatever the dates on your RC is irrelevant. The HO just confirm your rights. They don't grant them.

There is no premium service for European applications. They are all postal applications and can take up to 6 months.

As for your friend - I suggest he reads Q5 in EEA FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - EEA Family Permit