ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of criminal conviction on ILR/tier 2 extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kvora

Impact of criminal conviction on ILR/tier 2 extension

Post by kvora » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Dear experts,

I have been eagerly waiting for the changes that have come in place as of today. However, I am struggling to find a link on UKBA website that can clarify the criminality threshold. My case is as below:

I was convicted earlier this year, January 2012, for failure to stop after a road accident AC20. I was summoned to the magistrate court, where I was handed out a fine of £500 and 8 points on my driving licence. I have been on work permit since July 2007 and was due for ILR in July 2012, however, because of the conviction I couldn't apply. I did change my employer in August 2011 so am currently on Tier 2. I have two questions:

1. Am I able to apply for ILR after January 2014, i.e. 24 months after the conviction.

2. Will I be able to extend my leave to remain in Tier 2 which is due to expire in August 2013?

Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,

kvora

Post by kvora » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Please help, waiting for advice...