ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hyper-PK

Re: ILR Granted!!! :)

Post by Hyper-PK » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:37 am

dd202 wrote:Dear All, I have some good news to share, I have had my ILR granted. Received my Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) today by post. Documents still waiting to receive. Took the UKBA roughly 3 months to process my application which is really unusual, I was expecting to wait longer! I wish everyone best of luck & hope you all get your ILR soon.

My timeline:
Application sent: 14/09/2012
Payment: Banker's Draft
Acknowledgment received: 03/10/2012
Biometric Invitation dated: 14/11/2012
Biometric Given on: 16/11/2012
ILR Stamped on: 10/12/2012
BRP received on: 13/12/2012
Hi just wondering if you would like to share your case detail?
Thanks

dd202
Newly Registered

Post by dd202 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:47 am

Ged wrote:DD202
Well done,
Did you bribe BA to get it so quickly?
Not sure what I did right/wrong but I was pleasantly surprised to find the BRP card in my post today. I feel a little bad because there are people in this forum who have been waiting much longer than me sometimes as long as 8 months & still not received it.

My situation was very straightforward no visa refusals, no gaps, no criminal convictions. Always renewed my visa on time & complied with immigration rules.

I am sure you all will receive yours soon. Perhaps I was right & the UKBA are now trying to sort themselves out & process applications quicker to clear the backlog.

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:53 am

dd202 wrote:
Ged wrote:DD202
Well done,
Did you bribe BA to get it so quickly?
Not sure what I did right/wrong but I was pleasantly surprised to find the BRP card in my post today. I feel a little bad because there are people in this forum who have been waiting much longer than me sometimes as long as 8 months & still not received it.

My situation was very straightforward no visa refusals, no gaps, no criminal convictions. Always renewed my visa on time & complied with immigration rules.

I am sure you all will receive yours soon. Perhaps I was right & the UKBA are now trying to sort themselves out & process applications quicker to clear the backlog.
Hi thanks ,,,thats gives us some sort of Hope...As my case is also straightforward....Studying in well reputed University in PhD and straightforward no visa refusals, no gaps, no criminal convictions. Always renewed my visa on time & complied with immigration rules.

But still wating....)))

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:54 am

dd202 wrote:I feel a little bad because there are people in this forum who have been waiting much longer than me
Congratulations! But somehow I feel you're being modest
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Khall75

DD202

Post by Khall75 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Many congratulations and enjoy ur freedommmmmmmmm.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Out of curiosity, If the information available on SkyDrive is to be believed then why are there discrepancies for the month of October when compared to the stats produced by the UKBA

Does the answer lies in
Figures rounded to the nearest 5 ( - = 0, * = 1 or 2). Figures may not sum to the totals shown because of independent rounding.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

sairam1
Newly Registered

Post by sairam1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Congrates....u made the history....for quick ILR....and big hopes for the rest...

[quote="dd202"]Dear All, I have some good news to share, I have had my ILR granted. Received my Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) today by post. Documents still waiting to receive. Took the UKBA roughly 3 months to process my application which is really unusual, I was expecting to wait longer! I wish everyone best of luck & hope you all get your ILR soon.

My timeline:
BRP received on: 13/12/2012[/quote]

shahshah

waiting

Post by shahshah » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Congratulation every one who got ILR.
Here my situation is worse...i applied my visa on 06 june 2012. My brother died on 27th november 2012 so i asked our MP to get involve... yesterday my Mp told me that my application is still not processed.... i gave them my brother death certificate bt still nothing happends.
I have very straight forward case, no gap, always been in unversities during this time. Always got visa on time, no conviction...
I wounder why they taking so long.... even after 06 months they are asking me to withdraw the application.
I am asking every one to pray for me, atleast i can go and c the grave of my beloved brother and to share his kids sorrow with me...

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:29 pm

dd202 wrote:Dear All, I have some good news to share, I have had my ILR granted. Received my Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) today by post. Documents still waiting to receive. Took the UKBA roughly 3 months to process my application which is really unusual, I was expecting to wait longer! I wish everyone best of luck & hope you all get your ILR soon.

My timeline:

Keep it up(to the case worker)....Shame on the rest.....106...:P

Congrates DD202...:)
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

smshad

Post by smshad » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:36 pm

Hi,

Congrats mate.

Your are the lucky one and your case worker must be good.
But I am jealous with you :D , I submitted Biometrics on same day as you.

I hope that others get the same case workers are yours.

Enjoy your peace of mind and freedom.

Shad.

My timeline:

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: waiting

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:37 pm

shahshah wrote:Congratulation every one who got ILR.
Here my situation is worse...i applied my visa on 06 june 2012. My brother died on 27th november 2012 so i asked our MP to get involve... yesterday my Mp told me that my application is still not processed.... i gave them my brother death certificate bt still nothing happends.
I have very straight forward case, no gap, always been in unversities during this time. Always got visa on time, no conviction...
I wounder why they taking so long.... even after 06 months they are asking me to withdraw the application.
I am asking every one to pray for me, atleast i can go and c the grave of my beloved brother and to share his kids sorrow with me...

Dear Shah,

Very sad to hear about your brother, as per my previous posts, speak to a supervisor at 0870 606 7766, and get your team number & their fax number(of the same team) at Liverpool Settlement Office, once you get it, fax the Case Worker and send a request by Royal Mail Special Delivery, along with your brother's death certificate, this will help expedite your case.

Write in Big Bold Red Letters on the Envelope: "Extremely Urgent"
All the best.

sun76

Post by sun76 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:58 pm

What a lucky guy ur.

My timeline:

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:19 pm

natisanga wrote:You get your bio letter through normal post ( not signing or anything).
Not particularly to yourselves but anyone who has been thought this situation, Where does the biometric Invitation letter gets posted to Solicitor or the Applicant (If posted through Solicitor)?
Skydrives, Templates

shahshah

Post by shahshah » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Yes friend, i rang them as per ur suggestion and they gave me a fax number, i did fax them bt no reploy yet..
One more question can my wife and kids travel with me as they r my dependent on psw visa and their current leave is expiring in feb 2013. Can they travel with out switching if i got ilr . Plz lsuggest me.

Dear Shah,

Very sad to hear about your brother, as per my previous posts, speak to a supervisor at 0870 606 7766, and get your team number & their fax number(of the same team) at Liverpool Settlement Office, once you get it, fax the Case Worker and send a request by Royal Mail Special Delivery, along with your brother's death certificate, this will help expedite your case.

Write in Big Bold Red Letters on the Envelope: "Extremely Urgent"
All the best.[/quote]

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 pm

shahshah wrote:One more question can my wife and kids travel with me as they r my dependent on psw visa and their current leave is expiring in feb 2013. Can they travel with out switching if i got ilr . Plz lsuggest me.
This should help you. To be on a safer side (IA) hoping for your case to be sorted very soon. Why not try and book a PEO appointment some where in End of Jan & Feb. so as soon as your ILR arrives you can start looking for travel dates. But then this is just a scenario we are aiming at.
Skydrives, Templates

dd202
Newly Registered

Thank you everyone :)

Post by dd202 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Dear all, thank you so much for your kind words, you guys are so nice :) I really feel bad that they gave me the ILR so quickly & I don't think I deserve the quick service to be honest. If I could I would ask them to process my application later so that people like shahshah could have theirs processed first.

If this helps at all, the day I submitted my Biometric details in the local post office, I also mailed one handwritten (not word-processed) letter to the UKBA along with some extra supporting documents. My letter was not anything formal, it was just a simple letter with a request to expedite my application. I won't go over the details of the letter here in this forum but in it I didn't complain instead gave them some valid sound reasons like I would if I was talking to a friend! Who knows, perhaps my case worker read my letter & decided to process my application. Since the UKBA have their own record of each individual applicants they know everything about us that one needs to know from the day we step into this country.

I am not sure how much my supporting documents helped to expedite matters but a friend of mine asked me to send my degree + PhD certificates from Oxford University along with that letter & also some academic related employment letters from Oxford & a well-known UK national laboratory. I was a bit hesitant at first about sending the UKBA my academic & research profile/credentials as I may come across as desperate & a show-off arrogant person. But my friend convinced me that sending those documents would enhance my profile with the UKBA. I guess that's all really, I am really very lucky & perhaps don't deserve the special treatment from UKBA when there are people out there who have sacrificed much more than me. I wish you all good luck & hope you get your ILR soon. I have nothing more to add. This is going to be my last post. Thank you all, you have been very kind.

Dipayan

shahshah

Re: Thank you everyone :)

Post by shahshah » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Firstly i would like to congratulate u secondly dont feel bad as u got first, thats ur luck with the blessing of Allah and no one should feel bad with that blessing,, honestly i am very happy regarding every one who is getting their ILR.
Regarding my case, unfortunately i lost my brother and could not attend his funeral but again thats my luck..
We all are sharing ur happinesss, so mate be happy, its ur day.....
Allah will also blesa every one who is in waiting and we all will share happyness and sorrow togather like one family.

dd202 wrote:Dear all, thank you so much for your kind words, you guys are so nice :) I really feel bad that they gave me the ILR so quickly & I don't think I deserve the qick service to be honest. If I could I would ask them to process my application later so that people like shahshah could have theirs processed first.

If this helps at all, the day I submitted my Biometric details in the local post office, I also mailed one handwritten (not word-processed) letter to the UKBA along with some extra supporting documents. My letter was not anything formal, it was just a simple letter with a request to expedite my application. I won't go over the details of the letter here in this forum but in it I didn't complain instead gave them some valid sound reasons like I would if I was talking to a friend! Who knows, perhaps my case worker read my letter & decided to process my application. Since the UKBA have their own record of each individual applicants they know everything about us that one needs to know from the day we step into this country.

I am not sure how much my supporting documents helped to expedite matters but a friend of mine asked me to send my degree + PhD certificates from Oxford University along with that letter & also some academic related employment letters from Oxford & a well-known UK national laboratory. I was a bit hesitant at first about sending the UKBA my academic & research profile/credentials as I may come across as desperate & a show-off arrogant person. But my friend convinced me that sending those documents would enhance my profile with the UKBA. I guess that's all really, I am really very lucky & perhaps don't deserve the special treatment from UKBA when there are people out there who have sacrificed much more than me. I wish you all good luck & hope you get your ILR soon. I have nothing more to add. This is going to be my last post. Thank you all, you have been very kind.

Dipayan

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Thank you everyone :)

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:35 pm

shahshah wrote:Regarding my case, unfortunately i lost my brother and could not attend his funeral but again thats my luck..
Do not let yourself down brother.
Verily, with the hardship, there is relief (i.e. there is one hardship with two reliefs, so one hardship cannot overcome two reliefs) Source:.
Skydrives, Templates

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:34 pm

shahshah wrote:Yes friend, i rang them as per ur suggestion and they gave me a fax number, i did fax them bt no reploy yet..
One more question can my wife and kids travel with me as they r my dependent on psw visa and their current leave is expiring in feb 2013. Can they travel with out switching if i got ilr . Plz lsuggest me.

Dear Shah,

Yes your wife and kids can travel as PSW dependants at the moment, as conditions of your leave will remain as PSW holder until you are granted ILR.

But please make sure that its a short trip and if HO decides your case in their absence and your are granted ILR(IA), they might get hard time at the borders on their way back.

Yulichka
Newly Registered

Post by Yulichka » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Just to update you all, I have called HO today and they told me that package was sent to me today, so will be looking out for it and will be updating you shortly. It has been 28weeks since I have applied. Hoping it is coming through with a positive outcome

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:58 pm

shahshah wrote:Congratulation every one who got ILR.
These are hard times Shahshah, but its out of our control and we can only wait. For every long night there is dawn afterwards. You have shown great character and faith in bad times, keep it up.

Joolz
Newly Registered

Absolute shock shock shock!!!!

Post by Joolz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:44 pm

I have been a silent reader since July and have found this site v. helpful... I am the same as dd202! SHOCKED to see my documents soooooo soon!!! I sent in as much documents with my application as noted checks take forever for UKBA to complete so thought by sending more, there'll be less for them to do. Documents sent- copies and originals of all CRB checks done in UK, birth certificate, all university transcripts & awards, original NI confirmation from DWP, all previous employment offer letters and contracts, references from all previous employers, universities & current employer, current payslip, bank statement for month of July only, all home office correspondence and character references. I have been out of the country for a total of over 650 days within the last 11 years, some stamps in passport missing as never stamped in some countries visited, never overstayed, never left country for more than 5 weeks at a time, all visas applied for in time. Didn't send any airline ticket stubs as all thrown away. Contacted airline to request travel dates for last 11 years, paid for service, documents never arrived. Application sent with simple cover letter and all without the use of lawyer. After reading someone's post some months ago about the disadvantages of sending too many documents I panicked and gave up on thinking about travelling for Xmas, cancelled my ticket with Virgin Atlantic for next week expecting no news till end of February!! Got so worked up about it, stopped reading posts for last month. Tried contacting MP 2 months ago, he never answered and I just gave up on everything to do with UKBA. To those waiting it will come, don't let it take over your thoughts and life like I previously allowed it to, ignore the fact that the home office has your documents and adapt to life without them, when you least expect it, it'll show up!

My timeline: Set(O) long residency
Application sent: 25/07/2012
Payment: Debit Card taken 3/08/2012
Acknowledgment received: 10/08/2012
Biometric Invitation dated: 09/11/2012 received 14/11/2012
Biometric Given on: 14/11/2012
All the best
Last edited by Joolz on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kebl303

Re: Absolute shock shock shock!!!!

Post by kebl303 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:58 pm

This is amazing! All the best guys. Just out of curiosity, Joolz and DD202, does one of you have Jesus or Muhammad as your middle name?

K

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi
I am applying for my ILR on the basis of 10 yrs long residency. As my wife don't qualify for this visa, I am also applying for her further leave to remain FLR (M) at the same time. As I am planning to send both application at the same time which will include a covering letter requesting the caseworker to make a decision on my ILR first before looking at my wife's application, I am not sure if I need to send it to the same address.

The guidance notes for the both application state that they must be sent to different addresses or the decision may be delayed or applicaiton will become invalid. However I am not sure what should I do in my case.

if i should send FLR (M) application to the same address as SET (O) with covering letter or should I send the application at different addresses given on the application and include the covering letter with both of them.
I am worrying as I don't want them to consider FLR(M) application until the decision for SET (O) application has been taken.

Your urgent reply in this matter will be much appreciated.
Thanks

let_koko

Re: Absolute shock shock shock!!!!

Post by let_koko » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:21 pm

[quote="kebl303"]This is amazing! All the best guys. Just out of curiosity, Joolz and DD202, does one of you have Jesus or Muhammad as your middle name?

Very funny, Jesus or Muhammad as middle name.
Congrats to Joolz and DD202, Enjoy your freedom. I'll also like to thank you guys for sharing your timeline, it gives people like a courage and the spirit to hold on to, from what i can deduced, i feel HO are working fast to clear the backlog, correct me if am wrong guy.
Congrats guy