ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unpaid tax problem in extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pamma4455
Newly Registered

Unpaid tax problem in extension

Post by pamma4455 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:49 pm

I all,

I m going to apply for extension next year in feb as an employed. My initial application I applied as a self employed and employed but I haven't paid any tax i filed tax return of that year I want to know case worker will check I paid tax or not but I will going to pay tax soon.

Thanks

risingmoon19

Re: Unpaid tax problem in extension

Post by risingmoon19 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:28 am

pamma4455 wrote:I all,

I m going to apply for extension next year in feb as an employed. My initial application I applied as a self employed and employed but I haven't paid any tax i filed tax return of that year I want to know case worker will check I paid tax or not but I will going to pay tax soon.

Thanks
Make sure you pay all of your taxes before applying for an extension. HO can check with HMRC whether you have paid your taxes or not

Regards

rfd

Post by rfd » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:10 am

Hi,

I am in a similar situation, I have declared all my income to hmrc correctly however I am paying the tax in installments (the installment schedule has been approved by hmrc).

I am also about to apply for extension in few days. Do you think paying tax by installments is going to create any problems for me?

Many thanks for your time. [/list]

azfa12
Newly Registered

Re: Unpaid tax problem in extension

Post by azfa12 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:13 am

risingmoon19 wrote:
pamma4455 wrote:I all,

Thanks
Make sure you pay all of your taxes before applying for an extension. HO can check with HMRC whether you have paid your taxes or not

Regards
well UKBA is concerned with u filling the tax returns,and paying them is something between hmrc and u,according to my understanding they check ure tax returns not ure payments to HmRC,so if u r on installments its nothing to do with UKBA nor they ask for any prove for payments,the only prove they ask is for class 2 national insurance payments and thats also to prove that u r registered with them.else they are more concerned with filling the correct tax returns.

rfd

Post by rfd » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:48 pm

I had a PEO appointment yesterday at Croydon. I had declared all my taxes correctly but I am paying HMRC in installments.

The case worker never asked me anything about my previous earnings and taxes. However she took 2 hours to verify my documents so I am assuming she did all the required checks and she was happy with what she found.

So i guess it really doesnt matter if you have fully paid your taxes or not as long sas you have declared your income correctly and you have an late payment arrnagment with HMRC

pamma4455
Newly Registered

Post by pamma4455 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:53 am

rfd wrote:I had a PEO appointment yesterday at Croydon. I had declared all my taxes correctly but I am paying HMRC in installments.

The case worker never asked me anything about my previous earnings and taxes. However she took 2 hours to verify my documents so I am assuming she did all the required checks and she was happy with what she found.

So i guess it really doesnt matter if you have fully paid your taxes or not as long sas you have declared your income correctly and you have an late payment arrnagment with HMRC
Hi, thanks for your reply....one more you applied as a employed or self employed or both ...

thanks

rfd

Post by rfd » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Only employed.

The only question case worked asked me when i handed over my documents was "Are you employed or self employed?"