ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:22 pm

z18runway wrote:
The guidance notes for the both application state that they must be sent to different addresses or the decision may be delayed or applicaiton will become invalid. However I am not sure what should I do in my case.

if i should send FLR (M) application to the same address as SET (O) with covering letter or should I send the application at different addresses given on the application and include the covering letter with both of them.
I am worrying as I don't want them to consider FLR(M) application until the decision for SET (O) application has been taken.

Your urgent reply in this matter will be much appreciated.
Thanks
When does your leave expires? And your better half's? Can you not post yours and wait for you acknowledgement? Then submit your wife's with a covering letter and your acknowledgement letter.

How ever if you haven't got enough leave then I'd suggest you to post yours and ensure to give your special delivery details on your wife's covering letter.

And yes, they got to be posted to different addresses. UKBA is no friends to anyone, they wouldn't favour you by forwarding your wife's application to the right department.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

kebl303

Re: Absolute shock shock shock!!!!

Post by kebl303 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:52 pm

[quote="let_koko"][quote="kebl303"]This is amazing! All the best guys. Just out of curiosity, Joolz and DD202, does one of you have Jesus or Muhammad as your middle name?

Very funny, Jesus or Muhammad as middle name.
Congrats to Joolz and DD202, Enjoy your freedom. I'll also like to thank you guys for sharing your timeline, it gives people like a courage and the spirit to hold on to, from what i can deduced, i feel HO are working fast to clear the backlog, correct me if am wrong guy.
Congrats guy[/quote]

Let's hope so, this painful waiting isn't good for the heart! Congrats again to Joolz and DD202.

K

zeezee0

Post by zeezee0 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:40 am

Congrats to everyone who received their visas today!Really lifts everones spirits up on hearing good news!Lets hope all of us here good news soon IA!

hash_1310
Newly Registered

What do we do after 6 months of wait????

Post by hash_1310 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:33 am

Can anyone update following details on timeline...

Application Sent: 14/06/2012
Acknowledge Received: 22/06/2012
Biometric Enrolment Invitation Letter: 04/08/2012
Biometric Enrolment Done: 16/08/2012
Decision: Pending

Qualifying 6 months period is over today. Just called HO for updating my status and as usual their answer is 'WAIT'.............or Indefinite Leave to Wait.

I challenged them based on FOI act and timeline on this site, that their stats claiming that 95% of decisions for ILR are made within 6 months is False. The HO official refused to comment and put the phone down.

Its a torturous process.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: What do we do after 6 months of wait????

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:44 am

hash_1310 wrote:Can anyone update following details on timeline...

Application Sent: 14/06/2012
Acknowledge Received: 22/06/2012
Biometric Enrolment Invitation Letter: 04/08/2012
Biometric Enrolment Done: 16/08/2012
Decision: Pending

Qualifying 6 months period is over today. Just called HO for updating my status and as usual their answer is 'WAIT'.............or Indefinite Leave to Wait.

I challenged them based on FOI act and timeline on this site, that their stats claiming that 95% of decisions for ILR are made within 6 months is False. The HO official refused to comment and put the phone down.

Its a torturous process.
@Hash_1310,

Contact a supervisor at the call centre, explain the situation and ask him/her to send an internal email to the case working team, who is dealing with your application.

At present not even 50% of applications are dealt within 6 months of published time of UKBA.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 am

6 month time frame is set for applications so that applicants don't make calls to the HO, this covers Back Logs, Shortage of Staff(Incompetency of staff at UKBA).

Unlikely 4-14 weeks of previous time frame.

pilotrr786
Newly Registered

Post by pilotrr786 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:51 am

Hi guys,
Just to let you know that I have also send my application on 10 year basis.

Application Send: 10/12/2012
Payment deducted: 13/12/2012
Acknowledgment not received yet.

Documents submitted,
All passports
Last 3 months Bank Statements
P60
Employment letter
Degree transcript.

I have applied myself, not with any solicitor.
Thanks

JoILR
Newly Registered

Post by JoILR » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:00 am

Hi all,
I am new to this forum as well, I have just sent my application on 10 year basis. I think I've added my timeline onto the skydrive a few days ago.

Application Sent: 8/12/2012
Application received by UKBA: 10/12/2012
Payment deducted: 11/12/2012

I've applied myself. For documents, I've submitted:
All passports
Last P60
Employment contracts
Degree transcript
Reference letter from my high school confirming the period of my study

One refusal in the past when I applied in 2010. They claimed I overstayed for 10 days after withdrawn my application for extension of student visa to go back home in 2002.

It seems that UKBA is SO QUICK at taking people's money, but VERY SLOW at getting on their jobs and processing cases.

Fingers-crossed that they start to speed up the processes.

Thanks,
Jo

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Over Stay

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:10 am

JoILR wrote:Hi all,
I am new to this forum as well, I have just sent my application on 10 year basis. I think I've added my timeline onto the skydrive a few days ago.

All passports
Last P60
Employment contracts
Degree transcript

One refusal in the past when I applied in 2010. They claimed I overstayed for 10 days after withdrawn my application for extension of student visa to go back home in 2002.

It seems that UKBA is SO QUICK at taking people's money, but VERY SLOW at getting on their jobs and processing cases.

Thanks,
Jo
@ Jo,

When you withdrew your application and received it back, how long it took you to go out of the UK from the day you received your documents back?
Did you apply for ILR back in 2010?

JoILR
Newly Registered

Re: Over Stay

Post by JoILR » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:24 am

I think it took about a week for them to get the passports back to me. I think things were more efficient back in 2002. It was so close to my flight booked for Christmas that I literally thought I wouldn't be able to go back home for Christmas.

And yes, I applied ILR in 2010 and it took about 3 months for them to make an unflavourable decision. I completely forgot that I withdrew my application in 2002 and overstayed for a short period of time.

I would urge all applicants to do as much as possible to get their application approved. Since the refusal, I had a few times when I came back from holidays, got stopped by the immigration and said I had a refusal for my visa. It took about 30 minutes for them to go through the system and found out that my work permit is still valid even though I got a refusal on ILR. Now I learnt and carried the letter of refusal (saying that my work permit is still valid) every time I travel.
Spidery_thread wrote:
JoILR wrote:Hi all,

All passports
Last P60
Employment contracts
Degree transcript

Thanks,
Jo
@ Jo,

When you withdrew your application and received it back, how long it took you to go out of the UK from the day you received your documents back?
Did you apply for ILR back in 2010?

hash_1310
Newly Registered

Post by hash_1310 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:42 am

Just called HO again to request to let me speak to a supervisor regarding my pending application for more than 6 months but they told me that even supervisor will tell me the same thing....to 'WAIT' and there is not time limit to wait or otherwise I can withdraw the application......how pathetic is this?
They gave me an email address to complaint if have any issues regarding the service standards.....
ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

And customer service team will take another 20 working days to reply.............

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Logged onto the forum after a long time. Good to see many ILRs approved. Congrats to all. Hope others receive their approvals soon.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Set(O) Delays

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 pm

hash_1310 wrote:Just called HO again to request to let me speak to a supervisor regarding my pending application for more than 6 months but they told me that even supervisor will tell me the same thing....to 'WAIT' and there is not time limit to wait or otherwise I can withdraw the application......how pathetic is this?
They gave me an email address to complaint if have any issues regarding the service standards.....
ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

And customer service team will take another 20 working days to reply.............
@Hash_1310

This is the thing, when HO can't decide an application(95%) within 6 months, it automatically falls into the remaining 5% category, for which HO doesn't want to disclose the figure.

Hopefully you get a positive reply.

Good Luck.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:41 pm

[quote="JoILR"]I think it took about a week for them to get the passports back to me. I think things were more efficient back in 2002. It was so close to my flight booked for Christmas that I literally thought I wouldn't be able to go back home for Christmas.

And yes, I applied ILR in 2010 and it took about 3 months for them to make an unflavourable decision. I completely forgot that I withdrew my application in 2002 and overstayed for a short period of time.

I would urge all applicants to do as much as possible to get their application approved. Since the refusal, I had a few times when I came back from holidays, got stopped by the immigration and said I had a refusal for my visa. It took about 30 minutes for them to go through the system and found out that my work permit is still valid even though I got a refusal on ILR. Now I learnt and carried the letter of refusal (saying that my work permit is still valid) every time I travel.

@ Jo,

I am also with a similar situation, my ILR was refused last year, and all review appeals along with MP's letter were also reject.

Reapplied 4 July 2012.

"Once your ILR is granted this time, you can write to the ILR case worker to remove that refusal from the record, so that you don't have trouble travelling back to the U.K".

Hasn't any immigration officer at the border advised you of this?

JoILR
Newly Registered

Post by JoILR » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi Spidery_thread, no immigration officer told me anything about it. Thanks for that though, it's a good shout. After I get the ILR, I'll send a letter to ask them to remove the old refusal record.

Jo
Spidery_thread wrote:
JoILR wrote:I think it took about a week for them to get the passports back to me. I think things were more efficient back in 2002. It was so close to my flight booked for Christmas that I literally thought I wouldn't be able to go back home for Christmas.

@ Jo,

I am also with a similar situation, my ILR was refused last year, and all review appeals along with MP's letter were also reject.

Reapplied 4 July 2012.

"Once your ILR is granted this time, you can write to the ILR case worker to remove that refusal from the record, so that you don't have trouble travelling back to the U.K".

Hasn't any immigration officer at the border advised you of this?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

UK Border Agency’s ‘customer service’ slammed

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:14 pm

hash_1310 wrote:but they told me that even supervisor will tell me the same thing....to 'WAIT' and there is not time limit to wait or otherwise I can withdraw the application......how pathetic is this?
True. Read this
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

zeezee0

Appointment with MP

Post by zeezee0 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:08 pm

Dear All,

I have booked an appointment with my MP, is their any advice that would be necessarily to tell my MP apart from my UKBA details?

Thank you

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
z18runway wrote:
The guidance notes for the both application state that they must be sent to different addresses or the decision may be delayed or applicaiton will become invalid. However I am not sure what should I do in my case.

if i should send FLR (M) application to the same address as SET (O) with covering letter or should I send the application at different addresses given on the application and include the covering letter with both of them.
I am worrying as I don't want them to consider FLR(M) application until the decision for SET (O) application has been taken.

Your urgent reply in this matter will be much appreciated.
Thanks
When does your leave expires? And your better half's? Can you not post yours and wait for you acknowledgement? Then submit your wife's with a covering letter and your acknowledgement letter.

How ever if you haven't got enough leave then I'd suggest you to post yours and ensure to give your special delivery details on your wife's covering letter.

And yes, they got to be posted to different addresses. UKBA is no friends to anyone, they wouldn't favour you by forwarding your wife's application to the right department.
both of our visa expires same date, my 10 years finishing on Feb 04 2013, our both visas expiry date Feb 16 2013.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:20 pm

I'd suggest you to post yours first and wait for your Acknowledgement letter. Once you get your Ack Ltr, enclose this with your wife's application as it says in the application in Section 3.
3 . 1 5 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?
You can say awaiting decision for the above.
3 . 1 6 On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK?
10 Yrs Long Residency for the above.

In section 12 it asks for
Your partner’s current passport or travel document showing that he/she is present and settled in the UK. If you
are unable to provide this, see Note 6 about other suitable documents. List any such documents below.
and Note 6 is as below
Note 6 If you are unable to provide your passport or travel document, you may only submit other evidence of your
nationality in certain circumstances.
These circumstances are;
• Where your passport has been lost or stolen
• Where your passport has expired and been returned to the relevant authorities, or
• Where the passport is with another part of the UK Border Agency.
-HTH
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:26 pm

z18runway wrote:both of our visa expires same date, my 10 years finishing on Feb 04 2013, our both visas expiry date Feb 16 2013.
Having said this, Do you complete your 10 Yrs in full on 04/Feb/2013 ?

In this case I hope you can apply 28 days prior to your qualifying period. Either ways I'd suggest you to wait for your acknowledgement ltr. Hoping that your ACK Ltr arrives within a week or so. In the worst case you can submit your wife's application with you Special Delivery Receipt and post you ACK later.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:35 pm

[quote="z18runway"][/quote]

This might be helpful to start with
Skydrives, Templates

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
z18runway wrote:both of our visa expires same date, my 10 years finishing on Feb 04 2013, our both visas expiry date Feb 16 2013.
Having said this, Do you complete your 10 Yrs in full on 04/Feb/2013 ?

In this case I hope you can apply 28 days prior to your qualifying period. Either ways I'd suggest you to wait for your acknowledgement ltr. Hoping that your ACK Ltr arrives within a week or so. In the worst case you can submit your wife's application with you Special Delivery Receipt and post you ACK later.
yeah, i complete 10 years full on 4th feb 2013 and i have planned to send it on jan the 11th 2013, but i dont think they send ack letter so quick.

as you have said use the spl delivery report on wife application covering letter, will this really work out ? do u have any personal experience or how far you are sure will this work out ?

and one more thing,

3 . 1 6 On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK?

even for this question i cant use 10 years long residency as you said, coz iam still awaiting decision is in it ?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
z18runway wrote:
This might be helpful to start with
you are great, but who's spl delivery number, is it mine?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Yes it is your SD number. Regarding your previous question you can still add awaiting de is ion after mentioning what basis you are aiming to get your settlement. I've done the same and one of my friend did the same. We were advised by the Citizen Advice Bureau's Immigration Advisor.
Skydrives, Templates

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 pm

@Damanisshallo & z18runway,

Just SD reference is enough in both cover letters.(1 x ILR & 1 x FLR(M)

Just make them vice versa, no need to send the copy of acknowledgement letter. Send the applications to the respective addresses as mentioned on the application forms.

In my case, UKBA confirmed that our applications are linked together as family.