ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tokens for consular services HCI london

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pennylessinindia

tokens for consular services HCI london

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:56 am

Does anyone know what the queues are like for the tokens
pennyless

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: tokens for consular services HCI london

Post by vinitmanu » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:30 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:Does anyone know what the queues are like for the tokens
This link might give you bit of an insight.

AmitG
Newly Registered

Post by AmitG » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:34 pm

I went there last week for my baby's first passport, the queues were not too long. I got there at 7:45am, there were about 25 people ahead of me. They start giving out the tokens and letting people in at 8:30, the windows open around 9 for consular services upstairs and 9:30 for the passport services. They seem to be getting better, the whole system was horrible the last time I went which was a year ago

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:47 am

Just posting my experience. Tuesdays and Thursdays are PIO days so this may account for the queues.
Tuesday 750 arrive in queue 30 folk in front. Not a pleasant place to wait in the wet a small awning does not cover everyone, thankfully it was dry but bitterly cold. It is all very orderly, perhaps the CCTV helps here. Tokens issued at 830 and allowed to move inside. In our case up to the consular section. Sat there in a pretty cold environment. The first person got called about 940. Lots of tooing and frooing of staff and some rather odd suitcases, but there is only one counter in operation. You hand in your documents to the one person who is dealing with everyone, by now lots of folk standing around. He calls the numbers out and checks the documents, depending on what you are wanting to do. You pay your money in cash and told to come back at 1630.
When coming back at 1630 there is no real order to who gets seen, sort of first come first served!!
Fairly organised really and although lots of waiting around at least it is done in one day. But sure if you went to other consulates you would just wait while it was done and not be told to come back at 1630.
As others have said it feels more organised than before.
pennyless

soniauk
Newly Registered

HCI London..Tatkal Service, Please help.

Post by soniauk » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Dear All,

I will be going on 14th January for maiden name change on my passport (or may be they have mentioned "name observation service"), Any idea if there is tatkal service for this as my ILR is due on coming week and also have to give my life in the uk test before that, as due to no proof of residence on my maiden name,i was refused to appear for test.I am in a really hopeless situation.

Will be very grateful if anyone can advise on this please.

Thanks in advance.

Sonia