ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUFAM Retention

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

solitaire77
Newly Registered

EUFAM Retention

Post by solitaire77 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Hello Friends,

I'm no EU Citizen with eufam which will expire on 8 months. I was married for 7 years, I have a full time job. my wife is working full time also, but unfortunately we have some problems in our couple and we are now separated but we still married. what should i do now? should i apply for eufam retention from now or i have to wait ? and if yes, do i need a Lawyer for that? thanks

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:16 pm

If you think you both are not living together again and there is no chance of being together than apply on form EU4 and apply for retention. Please note DOJ would be looking for the evidence of you both living together for the last number of years and your wife must be exercising treaty rights in the state for the past years.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Retention is available only after the Divorce. If you are separated, you can not apply for retention. You have to apply for EU1 or EU3 and supply all required usual documents in relation residency and exercise of EUTR

solitaire77
Newly Registered

Post by solitaire77 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Thank you for your answers, but my wife don't want to divorce and don't want to leave with me.what should I do? I have all documents to prove that we was living together for the last 7 years and we were working all this time .
If I apply for eu3 they will ask for my documents which she don't want to provide. Please, help me out with issue.

Thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:59 pm

it will be very hard to get anything (EU3 or EU1) if your wife doe not want to give you her passport and other documents. Because according to the EU law you have to submit all the documents. if you cannot.... then, it's the refusal.

solitaire77
Newly Registered

Post by solitaire77 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks for your answers. I don't want to divorce but in this case i will get refusal. the only solution is to ask for divorce through a lawyer so i can i apply for retention. is it a good idea? thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Even in order to apply for retention you will have to show evidence or residence and exercise of EUTR in respect of your wife. So if she is not giving you the documents now, how are you going to get them later?

solitaire77
Newly Registered

Post by solitaire77 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:33 pm

hello agniukas, i don't know how i will get them later. please, if you have an idea. please, let me know?