ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric system down. Croydon peo 13 dec 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Biometric system down. Croydon peo 13 dec 2012

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:24 pm

I hv been today for ilr but after waiting 6 hours they told me our biometirc system is down. We will post the documents tomorrow or day after tomorrow. What type of service isthis. We pay for premium to be done on same day. But you canot expect from ukba. They should offer compensation in these typex of probs. was there anyone else today ?

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:53 pm

Sorry to hear about your experience babajee.

I had a similar experience at solihull. It wasnt that bad however as my biometrics were taken only approval letter was not provided.

Now i am left to have some sleepless nights thinking about the decision.

Have they told you when to come back for biometrics?

Check out my complete experience in a separate post i wrote for this:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=120700
Challenges make life worth it!

mdi24
Newly Registered

Biometric system down

Post by mdi24 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:07 pm

Hello Babajee & InUKonHSMP

I also had the same experience with both of you today. I went to Croydon for ILR PEO with my dependants. After our biometrics were taken, we sat in waiting area and waited until we were called to a counter. Then we submitted the form and all documents to the case worker. After one hour, she called us and she's happy with the documents provided. But she said she can't give approval today because of the biometric system down. She just gave me a letter to acknowledge receipt of original documents and she said someone will give me a call tomorrow.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Biometric system down

Post by Babajee85 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:15 am

mdi24 wrote:Hello Babajee & InUKonHSMP

I also had the same experience with both of you today. I went to Croydon for ILR PEO with my dependants. After our biometrics were taken, we sat in waiting area and waited until we were called to a counter. Then we submitted the form and all documents to the case worker. After one hour, she called us and she's happy with the documents provided. But she said she can't give approval today because of the biometric system down. She just gave me a letter to acknowledge receipt of original documents and she said someone will give me a call tomorrow.
Ya they did same with me.
But premium means on the same day decision. She was happy with my docs. For her all was fine except she has not recived bio metric yet.
But its not first time that thier bio metric system was down.
What of system is it. (Pentium 1 )
Why we have to suffer because of thier problems.
We paid double fee just to have peace of mind on the same day
If it was because of docs from our side. Acceptable
Ukba should be ashamed. I think we should all write a letter to may and head of ukba What they doing with money ripping from so many customers.
Its ridiclous.

Lets see when they call and we will recieve our docs.

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:45 am

Guys,

Same issue at Solihull yesterday. Out appointment was at 9:00 & waited unitl 3 then they give the document back & will confirm the decision by post.

Now waiting for the confirmation - after paying £1400 still not sure - but have no option unfortunately.

Keep informed about the progress.
TA

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 am

Hi Orbis,

To me they did not mention about the decision, the caseworker said "you will be granted ILR today". In the end they just told me we will send approval letter in the post.

I thought this happened later in the day, if you had an appointment at 9 then clearly our fates were sealed since we applied on the 13th.

Anyways, so we now have the following people who have reported this problem:

Babajee85 (Croydon)
InUkOnHsmp (Solihull)
mdi24 (Croydon)
orbis2 (Solihull)

So the only difference is in Solihull they returned the documents.

Lets all please put our statuses on this thread as and when it changes. If there are others who faced the same on the 13th December, feel free to put up your experience on this thread.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: Biometric system down. Croydon peo 13 dec 2012

Post by mulderpf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Babajee85 wrote:What type of service isthis. We pay for premium to be done on same day. But you canot expect from ukba. They should offer compensation in these typex of probs.
We cannot guarantee a decision within 24 hours, but the vast majority of applications are decided within this time. If there is likely to be any delay in deciding your application, we will tell you when you attend your appointment.
I think it's made pretty clear that there could be issues and you won't receive an immediate decision.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Biometric system down. Croydon peo 13 dec 2012

Post by Babajee85 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:17 pm

mulderpf wrote:
Babajee85 wrote:What type of service isthis. We pay for premium to be done on same day. But you canot expect from ukba. They should offer compensation in these typex of probs.
We cannot guarantee a decision within 24 hours, but the vast majority of applications are decided within this time. If there is likely to be any delay in deciding your application, we will tell you when you attend your appointment.
I think it's made pretty clear that there could be issues and you won't receive an immediate decision.
I got call from them todat @ 09:45.The lady told me i have got ILR and they will post my docs today via 2nd class recorded.(Did i pay for 2nd class-Shame to UKBA)

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Congratulations Babajee.

You have done well compared to us, the Solihull people told us explicitly, they will not call us and we will get no status update from the PEO.

So its a waiting game for us.

The least they should do is to give us a call or drop us an email as soon as the approval comes through.

mdi24
Newly Registered

Post by mdi24 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Hello Guys,

Just want to give you an update on my ILR application. Same as Babajee, I have also received a call around 9.30am this morning from Home Office. He called my office phone number, I thought they will call my mobile phone. But luckily I was at my desk at that time. He said that our ILR has been approved and he will send all original documents (passports, pay slips, statements etc) including the approval letter by using a special delivery. He gave me its tracking number, but its format is different with the standard one used in Royal Mail website! So I don't know whether I can track them or not. He also said that our BRP card will be sent separately after 7 to 10 working days.

Hope you guys will hear something from Solihul soon.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Congrat's to those of you who got your ILR on the 13th. It appears that Croydon PEO have informed the applicants of the application status over the phone the very next day. That's certainly something positive, which I've not heard of happening in the past when there have been IT issues.

Hopefully you will all receive your documents soon.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Congratulations mdi24.

PEO Croydon has certainly outshone itself this time. Like I said I expected such treatment from Solihull which is reputed to be the best PEO.

Anyways, lets see how things go for us Solihull gang. The silver lining is we have our documents with us.

Regards

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:19 am

mdi24 wrote:Hello Guys,

Just want to give you an update on my ILR application. Same as Babajee, I have also received a call around 9.30am this morning from Home Office. He called my office phone number, I thought they will call my mobile phone. But luckily I was at my desk at that time. He said that our ILR has been approved and he will send all original documents (passports, pay slips, statements etc) including the approval letter by using a special delivery. He gave me its tracking number, but its format is different with the standard one used in Royal Mail website! So I don't know whether I can track them or not. He also said that our BRP card will be sent separately after 7 to 10 working days.

Hope you guys will hear something from Solihul soon.
Hi mdi,

Did you request them for special delivery because they told me to send the docs with 2nd class.I hope i will get them before 24 Dec because i need to apply for my wife PBS dependant extension visa before 24th.Please keep updating as soon you receive your docs and BRP .Thx

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:10 pm

Got approval letter in the post today.

Applied in Solihull PEO - 13th Dec 2012
Documents returned on the same day
Approval received in the post - 17th Dec 2012

Thanks for all the forum members for helping me cope with the anxiety.

Any updates Orbis?

patt

Post by patt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Congrats InUkOnHsmp!!! and thank you for sharing your experience.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks Patt.

Now on to MN1 application for my daughter :).

Cheers

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:34 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Thanks Patt.

Now on to MN1 application for my daughter :).

Cheers
Cong buddy,

We are still waiting for docs from croydon. I am so much worrying if they sent by second class.Did you receive as special next day delivery ?

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:02 am

Any updates Orbis?
InUkOnHsmp - no updates received yet so still waiting :(

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22 pm

Thanks Babajee.

Nope looks like the letter was posted on the 13th itself, and reached me yesterday, so I am guessing 2nd class post (yep annoying!).

Orbis, dont worry you will get the letter today, I think they sent all the letters on the 13th, now when you get it depends on your local post office network. My 2 cents.

Good luck, keep us in the loop.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi folks,

Quick update.

I got a "missed-you" card from the DX people today, so they tried to deliver the BRP cards at my home address today. I have rescheduled the delivery to the 20th now.

Regards

LondonLife
Newly Registered

Post by LondonLife » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:15 am

My ILR was approved on 12th Dec and collected document in personal on 13th. Still waiting for BRP to arrive. There is no tracking no given obviously. We cannot even ask DX without tracking no.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:44 am

Hi LondonLife,

Email the BRP delivery team, and you might get some further inputs on this.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=60

Regards

akash08

Post by akash08 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Biometric system was down again today but came up at around 10:15am..

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:03 pm

akash08 wrote:Biometric system was down again today but came up at around 10:15am..
i got my docs today and still waiting for BRP.Please keep updating about BRP.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:07 pm

My BRP cards are due to be delivered tomorrow, as per my rescheduling yesterday, will update when I get the cards.

Good luck all.