ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MAINTANANCE FUND AND EXPIRED VISA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

64CSSI
Newly Registered

MAINTANANCE FUND AND EXPIRED VISA

Post by 64CSSI » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Please i am in a fixed position, my visa expires on the 8/3/2013, but i just discovered that my maintenance fee is going to be 88 days to this date.

my question is

1. can i apply two days after my visa expires, because i was reading

"If you have limited leave to enter or remain in the UK and wish to extend your visa, you must apply within 28 days of your current visa expiring. Your application for further leave will be refused if you have overstayed your visa by more than 28 days when you apply".

2. or was thinking i appeal with new evidence

risingmoon19

Ineligible for ILR

Post by risingmoon19 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:31 am

You can apply within 28 days after your visa expired but you won't be eligible for ILR because one of the conditions for ILR is that you have not overstayed your visa. Seniors please correct if wrong

Thanks

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Op,

If you have another account with funds that can be accessed immediately, then you can use the second bank account in addition to the first one to bridge the funds gap.

Kind Regards

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: MAINTANANCE FUND AND EXPIRED VISA

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:21 pm

64CSSI wrote:Please i am in a fixed position, my visa expires on the 8/3/2013, but i just discovered that my maintenance fee is going to be 88 days to this date.

my question is

1. can i apply two days after my visa expires, because i was reading

"If you have limited leave to enter or remain in the UK and wish to extend your visa, you must apply within 28 days of your current visa expiring. Your application for further leave will be refused if you have overstayed your visa by more than 28 days when you apply".

2. or was thinking i appeal with new evidence
Remember maintenance funds needs not to be in UK. You can use any bank account in the world and can use more than one.