ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: Delivery of documents

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:42 am

SameerBhagawatUk wrote:I called UKBA today and they have said that a package was sent out yesterday and gave me the reference number for the Royal Mail special delivery package (the same that I had sent them for return delivery)

Can anybody comment on how long after they say that they have sent the package, do they actually post the documents?

The reason I am asking is that the Royal Mail reference number is not yet tracked on the website which would mean that they have not yet posted the package.
@Sameer,

Special Delivery arrives next business day guaranteed, if it was sent in the first place, you should have kept the reference number when sending prepaid envelope.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

SameerBhagawatUk

Post by SameerBhagawatUk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:46 am

Spidery_thread wrote:
SameerBhagawatUk wrote:I called UKBA today and they have said that a package was sent out yesterday and gave me the reference number for the Royal Mail special delivery package (the same that I had sent them for return delivery)

Can anybody comment on how long after they say that they have sent the package, do they actually post the documents?

The reason I am asking is that the Royal Mail reference number is not yet tracked on the website which would mean that they have not yet posted the package.
@Sameer,

Special Delivery arrives next business day guaranteed, if it was sent in the first place, you should have kept the reference number when sending prepaid envelope.

Yes, I have the reference number and its not yet on the Royal Mail tracking system as mentioned in my post earlier.

My question is - from people who have had a similar experience like mine - how long after they say that they have posted the documents back do they actually post the documents ?

Baxx

Re: Number of case workers for ILR applications..

Post by Baxx » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:19 am

107 case workers who probably do same day applications every day, too!
They must work on 1-2 postal apps each in between same-day apps.
(No wonder it is taking bloody ages...)

I do not think £350 less is considerably lower fee at all, especially when postal applicants do have to pay additional fees like Bio later on. I personally chose postal application because I was not in a hurry to have this done, but 6 months waiting time is not reasonable length just because we paid £350 less?

Am happy to wait till 6 months is up, which is in Feb, but hope they UKBA improves the whole process, they are choking their own throat by piling up back logs...
sheford wrote:I found this info from UKBA under FOI request...

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/i ... ing-339290

6th Dec 2012

1. How many case workers are currently available to process Indefinite Leave postal applications?

I can advise that there are 107 caseworkers processing ILR applications; some of these work part-time and the full time equivalent is 98.89

2. How many case workers are currently available to process Indefinite Leave in person applications at public enquiry offices?

Personal applications may be made at Belfast (2), Cardiff (7), Croydon (112), Glasgow (10), Liverpool (17), Sheffield (10) and Solihull (7). The figure in brackets shows the number of caseworkers in each location giving a total number of caseworkers across UK Border Agency of 165. Some of these work part-time and the full time equivalent is 163.90.

3. What is the current target for processing of Postal applications per case worker per week?

There is no specific weekly target, the service standard is to decide 95% of all applications within 6 months.

4. What is the actual processing speed of ILR Postal applications per case worker per week?

UK Border Agency does not hold this information.

5. What was the actual processing speed of ILR postal applications per case worker per week for the same period last year?

6. Why can UK Border Agency decide an application made in person in one day and yet it is 6 months for a postal application to have a decision?

Applicants pay a fee which is appropriate and proportionate for the same day service and whilst applicants for the postal service also pay a fee, this is considerably less than the fee charged for the same day service as it will reflect the waiting time involved for a decision.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:01 pm

SameerBhagawatUk wrote:
Spidery_thread wrote:

@Sameer,

Yes, I have the reference number and its not yet on the Royal Mail tracking system as mentioned in my post earlier.

My question is - from people who have had a similar experience like mine - how long after they say that they have posted the documents back do they actually post the documents ?
@Sameer,

Its not necessary that the standard customer service system (on tel: 0870-606-7766) is updated as the same time as the case worker.

At times normally documents arrive with in 5 working days of despatch.

But you need to call them back and double check, whether they have been despatched from their postal department or not.

e.g: An applicant received his BRP, and checked with the same number above, he was told that your application has not been decided yet.

Efficiency of Civil Service....!!!!!!

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:07 pm

6th Dec 2012

1. How many case workers are currently available to process Indefinite Leave postal applications?

I can advise that there are 107 caseworkers processing ILR applications; some of these work part-time and the full time equivalent is 98.89

2. How many case workers are currently available to process Indefinite Leave in person applications at public enquiry offices?

Personal applications may be made at Belfast (2), Cardiff (7), Croydon (112), Glasgow (10), Liverpool (17), Sheffield (10) and Solihull (7). The figure in brackets shows the number of caseworkers in each location giving a total number of caseworkers across UK Border Agency of 165. Some of these work part-time and the full time equivalent is 163.90.

3. What is the current target for processing of Postal applications per case worker per week?

There is no specific weekly target, the service standard is to decide 95% of all applications within 6 months.

4. What is the actual processing speed of ILR Postal applications per case worker per week?

5. What was the actual processing speed of ILR postal applications per case worker per week for the same period last year?

6. Why can UK Border Agency decide an application made in person in one day and yet it is 6 months for a postal application to have a decision?

Applicants pay a fee which is appropriate and proportionate for the same day service and whilst applicants for the postal service also pay a fee, this is considerably less than the fee charged for the same day service as it will reflect the waiting time involved for a decision.
Hi Sheford,

Questions 4 & 5, should we say they don't want to disclose this information?????

UKBA has record of every and every thing which goes in and comes out of their system.

I am thinking about writing to ICI.....about the service standard on SET(O) applications.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Cost of application fee.....

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Dear All,

Cost to process an application at UKBA at present is approx £233+10%(+- few quids).

Rest towards future revenue....

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Kam123 wrote:

6th Dec 2012

@Sheford,

Service standards out side UK:

95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.

Means competent(only in terms of time taken to process the application) staff was sent outside the U.K to work at British High Commission Posts.

Most of us are well over 12 weeks period. I'm in 24th week.

kaus1
Newly Registered

Post by kaus1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm new here
I applied for my set(m) the 22nd August 2012 and still being process by UKBA Liverpool.
My MP contacted them two weeks ago and soon after I wrote a letter to them, but so far all I'm getting is a BIG silence from them!!!

If anyone got any new info please let me know, it will really help

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

MP' Letter

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Guys,

Do not get your MP's involved unless its a matter of urgency or 6 months have passed since you applied.

Thanks

tayongr
Newly Registered

Post by tayongr » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Guys you will never beleive what got delivered today :D .
I received my BRP today without a proir receipt of approval letter or return of documents. I couldn't believe my eyes, still can't in fact. However, I am still waiting for the BRP of my Dependent and return of our passports and documents.

my updated timeline:

SET(O) + 1 Dependant : 2 years HSMP and 3 years Tier 1

Applied : 09/06/2012
Payment: 14/06/2012
Ack Letter: Didn't recevie one
BRP Done: 11/08/2012
Return of Doc: Waiting
Approval Letter : Waiting
BRP Receipt: 13/12/2012 dated 11/12/2012
BRP Receipt of dependant: Waiting

Sheford,Sanjacs,amara.naveed and the rest of the June applicants your BRP and documents are on their way. Hang in there everyone

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:35 pm

tayongr wrote:Guys you will never beleive what got delivered today :D .
I received my BRP today without a proir receipt of approval letter or return of documents. I couldn't believe my eyes, still can't in fact. However, I am still waiting for the BRP of my Dependent and return of our passports and documents.

my updated timeline:

Sheford,Sanjacs,amara.naveed and the rest of the June applicants your BRP and documents are on their way. Hang in there everyone
Congrates Tayongr.....goods news keep coming....

Joolz
Newly Registered

Absolute shock shock shock!!!!

Post by Joolz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:50 pm

I have been a silent reader since July and have found this site v. helpful... I am the same as dd202! SHOCKED to see my documents soooooo soon!!! I sent in as much documents with my application as noted checks take forever for UKBA to complete so thought by sending more, there'll be less for them to do. Documents sent- copies and originals of all CRB checks done in UK, birth certificate, all university transcripts & awards, original NI confirmation from DWP, all previous employment offer letters and contracts, references from all previous employers, universities & current employer, current payslip, bank statement for month of July only, all home office correspondence and character references. I have been out of the country for a total of over 650 days within the last 11 years, some stamps in passport missing as never stamped in some countries visited, never overstayed, never left country for more than 5 weeks at a time, all visas applied for in time. Didn't send any airline ticket stubs as all thrown away. Contacted airline to request travel dates for last 11 years, paid for service, documents never arrived. Application sent with simple cover letter and all without the use of lawyer. After reading someone's post some months ago about the disadvantages of sending too many documents I panicked and gave up on thinking about travelling for Xmas, cancelled my ticket with Virgin Atlantic for next week expecting no news till end of February!! Got so worked up about it, stopped reading posts for last month. Tried contacting MP 2 months ago, he never answered and I just gave up on everything to do with UKBA. To those waiting it will come, don't let it take over your thoughts and life like I previously allowed it to, ignore the fact that the home office has your documents and adapt to life without them, when you least expect it, it'll show up!
All the best

My timeline: Set(O) long residency
Application sent: 25/07/2012
Payment: Debit Card taken 3/08/2012
Acknowledgment received: 10/08/2012
Biometric Invitation dated: 09/11/2012 received 14/11/2012
Biometric Given on: 14/11/2012
ILR Stamped on: 10/12/2012
BRP received on: 13/12/2012

pareshchop
Newly Registered

DX triedmto deliver something

Post by pareshchop » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:29 am

Hi all,

July 2012 applicant here. Just wanted to let other July applicants know that DX tried to deliver something to me home address today, but both em and missus were out. So will try a re-delivery. Guess its the BRP.

No approval letter or passport returned yet.

SameerBhagawatUk

Documents returned

Post by SameerBhagawatUk » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:44 am

Finally, the day has come for me as well. Applied for Set(O) on 29th May 2012. Documents returned by Special Delivery (I had provided the return Special Delivery envelope) today (14th Dec 2012) - Approval given on 12th Dec 2012 - Lucky date for me.

Hope and pray that all the guys waiting and those that will be waiting will have good news in time.

My advice to those who have not applied is to apply in person if you think your case is straightforward - the way I look at is that the extra money that you spend is well worth the stress free months.

Good luck to all in the forum and thanks for all the support. This forum is just amazing.

sanjacs

Post by sanjacs » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:41 am

Ohh thanks for that piece of good news tayongr!!!! There's hope :D

my updated timeline:

SameerBhagawatUk

Re: Documents returned

Post by SameerBhagawatUk » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:46 am

SameerBhagawatUk wrote:Finally, the day has come for me as well. Applied for Set(O) on 29th May 2012. Documents returned by Special Delivery (I had provided the return Special Delivery envelope) today (14th Dec 2012) - Approval given on 12th Dec 2012 - Lucky date for me.

Hope and pray that all the guys waiting and those that will be waiting will have good news in time.

My advice to those who have not applied is to apply in person if you think your case is straightforward - the way I look at is that the extra money that you spend is well worth the stress free months.

Good luck to all in the forum and thanks for all the support. This forum is just amazing.

Update: Wife has just received the BRP. So all done and dusted now. Good luck to all you lovely people.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: Documents returned

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:37 pm

SameerBhagawatUk wrote:
SameerBhagawatUk wrote:Finally, the day has come for me as well. Applied for Set(O) on 29th May 2012. Documents returned by Special Delivery (I had provided the return Special Delivery envelope) today (14th Dec 2012) - Approval given on 12th Dec 2012 - Lucky date for me.

Update: Wife has just received the BRP. So all done and dusted now. Good luck to all you lovely people.
Congrates Sameer....Good news has been started to arrive recently...:)

Justiceseeker

Post by Justiceseeker » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:43 pm

I wonder if they started approving June and July applications, when are they planning to start approving August applications.

rajashree,nayar
Newly Registered

congrats. Your wait is now over.

Post by rajashree,nayar » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:09 pm

sanjacs wrote:Ohh thanks for that piece of good news tayongr!!!! There's hope :D

congrats. Your wait is now over.

my updated timeline:

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:49 pm

ILR posted : 2 Oct 2012
Acknowledgement Letter: 12 Oct 2012
Biometric: 7 Dec 2012
ILR Approval : Waiting...

sheford

Post by sheford » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:27 pm

SameerBhagawatUk and tayongr!

Congrats to both of u.. I am very much glad to see this good news...Looks we all will be free with from this prison of waiting!

my updated timeline:

[/quote]

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: DX triedmto deliver something

Post by Spidery_thread » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:19 am

pareshchop wrote:Hi all,

July 2012 applicant here. Just wanted to let other July applicants know that DX tried to deliver something to me home address today, but both em and missus were out. So will try a re-delivery. Guess its the BRP.

No approval letter or passport returned yet.
@pareshchop,

Any news?

itsmetoo
Newly Registered

Re: Set M

Post by itsmetoo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:20 pm

itsmetoo wrote:
HAMMAMET wrote:HI TO EVERYBODY,
I HAVE BEEN SILENT READER,
I APPLIED FOR SET M UNMARRIED PARTNER ON THE 26/07/2012
CASE WORKER STARTED LOOKING AT THE FILE ON THE 10/08/2012
BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED ON 20/09/2012 ,DONE ON THE25/09/2012
APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED ON THE 3/12/2012 DATED ON THE 29/11/2012
BRP RECEIVED ON THE 7/12/2012.I WISH THE BEST OF LUCK FOR EVERY BODY WHO IS WAITING.
Congratulations, you seem to be lucky one,

I applied on 24/7/12 and biometrics submitted on 20/9/12 !

Waiting now ....

Just received the documents back
ILR approved on 12.12.12
What a relief , long wait over , had applied on 24-07-12
Now waiting for BRP, hopefully on the way
Last edited by itsmetoo on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Just received the documents back ILR approved on 12.12.12
What a relief
Now waiting for BRP

@itsmetoo
Congrates...:), what month was your appliation?

itsmetoo
Newly Registered

Post by itsmetoo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:Just received the documents back ILR approved on 12.12.12
What a relief
Now waiting for BRP

@itsmetoo
Congrates...:), what month was your appliation?
Thank you , I had send the application on 24-7-12 and biometrics done on 20-9-12
:D