ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If Tier 2 refused- old visa expires??

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amyharris
Newly Registered

If Tier 2 refused- old visa expires??

Post by amyharris » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi,

I am making a switch from T2 (ICT- Established Staff, granted before 6 April 2011) to T2 General.

If by any chance, my visa gets refused through my new employer, does my existing visa with my current employer get cancelled by any chance?

I am a bit terrified about this.

My new company already has a sponsorship license, an A rated employer.

Also, when the company applies for the CoS, does that mean that they have paid for my application fee? Or do they apply after this?

As mentioned on link- http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... eral/cost/

They have agreed to apply for a dependent visa for my spouse as well, what proof would I get that they have paid the fee for both me and my spouse?

I would appreciate any help please.

Thanks
Last edited by amyharris on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Can't see why it would - unless the reason for refusal also impacted on your existing visa, e.g. UKBA found you had been working illegally - they frown on that! :lol:

amyharris
Newly Registered

Post by amyharris » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Thanks for the response Jeeves, could I get your input on this as well please?

My new company already has a sponsorship license, an A rated employer.

When the company applies for the CoS, does that mean that they have paid for my application fee? Or do they apply after this?

As mentioned on link- http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... eral/cost/

They have agreed to apply for a dependent visa for my spouse as well, what proof would I get that they have paid the fee for both me and my spouse?

Thanks again for any responses
Jeeves wrote:Can't see why it would - unless the reason for refusal also impacted on your existing visa, e.g. UKBA found you had been working illegally - they frown on that! :lol:

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:30 pm

The CoS fee (£179) only covers the 'work permit' bit - you still have to cough up for the visa - unless they have agreed to pay for that as well (which would be unusual in my experience but not unheard of).

If they are paying for the Tier 2 visa application you'll want to take the completed form(s) in to the employer so they can complete the payment section with their credit/debit card details.