ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Croydon Peo - 07Dec2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmphsmp

ILR Success Croydon Peo - 07Dec2012

Post by hsmphsmp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:56 pm

My ILR application along with 2 dependents (spouse + kid) was approved.
I would like to thank moderators of this forum and all contributing members. This forum had been an immense help for me right from my HSMP application, then tier1 extn and now ILR.

My Details below for the benefit of others.

HSMP 27Dec2007 - 27Dec2009
Tier1 extn - 27Dec2009 - 27Dec2012
Entered UK 25Jan2012 (29 days after EC)
Absences - 70 days total. All paid holidays.
Worked for 2 employers - Permanent job.

Spouse on dependent visa from June2008 till 27Dec2012.
Kid born in UK 2009.

ILR appointment booked 07Dec2012, 9.50am.
I booked 42 days before at midnight. I used the following link for guidance http://londonseye.blogspot.co.uk/2012/1 ... -home.html. It is quite useful site. It took me 50 mins to find an appointment. I had to enter 3 people details (mine + 2 dependent). So I used a tool called "Copy/Paste Clipboard Extender" (google it). I copied all the names in the clipboard, so when the page to enter details came up, I just used right click, down arrow and enter to paste the names. This is very much needed since by the time you enter all dependent details, the site will timeout. Also I used chrome browser (which allowed to go back instead of log in each time). I opened atleast 10 windows and tried simultaneously in all of them.

I live in east London, so took train to Stratford, then Jubilee line to Canada water, then overground to West Croydon. I found this is the easiest and shortest route to reach home office. Home office is just 5 mins walking distance from West croydon station. There is Whitgift center opposite to home office, where you can spend time if you reach their earlier. We spent around 1 hour before going to home office. There is also a passport photo booth in the Boots shop, which i think actually takes 5£ note! (There is one inside home office as well).

Reached home office at 9:15am, they let us in.
First check security at ground floor, then waited in a queue for initial application check. When the initial application check was done, I was given a token with a unique no.
Then went to first floor for payment. I carried 3 cards (1 credit and 2 debit cards). I carried additional payment pages of Set O form just in case. I also notified my bank of large transaction. Fortunately no issues, I used HSBC credit card and it worked ok. I was asked to enter my chip pin. 2755£ GONE instantly!!!

Then called by a case worker. She took the receipt of payment and asked me to wait. My number called again biometric. Photos (for all) and finger prints (not for kid) were taken. Was asked to fill and sign a small form with details of biometric. Waited again and my number was called. I was asked to go to second floor.

Went to second floor. Waited and when my number was called, I went to the counter. Case worker asked for forms and passport, documents one by one. But as I was giving the documents, she looked at my folder and asked for everything. So I handed everything. I was told it will take 2 hours to decide. I was asked to go back and come again later. I preferred to wait in the same floor. The documents that I submitted are as follows

Set (O) form
Photos (2 each for me and dependents)
Passports
LIUK certificates (mine + spouse)
Payslip 12 months
Bank statement 12 months
Prev earnings calculation spread sheet.
P60 for last 5 years.
Absences spread sheet.
e-tickets for my absences outside UK.
HSMP and tier1 extension letters
Marriage certificate
Birth certificate of my kid.
Cohabitation documents - joint council bill over 5 years,1 NHS letter on my wife name, NHS card for all of us, 2 joint bank statements, 2 joint electricity bill all over 2 years.
Photocopies (in same order) of all the above.

After 1 hour I was called again and case worker confirmed application approved!. I was provided letters addressed to me and each of the dependent confirming that the BRP card will arrive. Another set of attached letters (which were not addressed to me or my dependents) confirmed ILR application was approved (but said it doesn't convey grant of ILR at the top! quite strange!). Myself and my wife had to verify the BRP card details in a form and had to sign it. Case worker did not ask me anything other than what I submitted.

Few things I wanted to high light..
I never bothered to write a cover letter and explain the 3 months concession rule applicable to me ( I entered 29 days after EC). I didn't mention it anywhere in the application. But I had the UKBA site pdf printout in case I was questioned on it.
I had employer letter for confirming my employment and paid leaves as backup. I did not submit it. It was not asked.
All the photographs (including the kid) was taken in passport photo booth. My kid is just 3 years, but surprisingly she cooperated while taking photo in a booth. It came out pretty well.
If you have a kid, take your phone/tablet/laptop fully charged, they will want to run all around and play. This will keep them quite.
It is quite noisy inside Croydon peo, so it is hard to listen when your number is called. Couple of times teh counter number was not clear and I was running around before I found the case worker.
There is small shop in 2nd floor selling snacks and food, but not much options. So take it from outside before you enter.

Overall the experience at Croydon PEO wasn't that bad as I had expected. The staff were very polite and friendly. Caseworker was very friendly with kid. I think if you go with your family the caseworker may be more convinced about dependent and may be less strict on co-hab docs (just an opinion).

I got my BRP card couple of days later by post.

I wish best of luck for all others applying for ILR!

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Well done mate, congratulations!
Challenges make life worth it!

SU2012
- thin ice -

Need Help with absences

Post by SU2012 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:19 pm

hsmphsmp,

Congratulations !!! I have few questions. Could you kindly help with that?

My Details
First entered UK on Work permit : 8-Mar-2008
Got Tier 1 for myself and 1 dependent: 6-Apr-2009
Got Tier 1 Extension for myself and 1 dependent: 12-Apr-2012

I will be eligible to apply for ILR from Feb 10th 2013. I havent booked appointments yet. Just started preparing the documents now.

1. Should I book my PEO appointment now? I have read lot of forums where they say trying at midnight would help.

2. I have absences of total 187 days in the past 5 years. Of these, 80 days are paid and 107 days are unpaid.

3. For 80 days, I can show the attested UK payslips during the period and explain the reason for absence (mainly family visits and weddings). I am planning to explain the reason for each visit, show the salary slip for that period, attach wedding invites/certificates for the absences. If you can send me your absence template, that will be very helpful.

4. For 107 days, I was working in India and was paid Indian salary. Basically I work for Indian company and deputed on projects here. For both Tier 1 and Tier 1 extension, I showed Indian Payslips and UK allowances. Can I explain the reason for these 107 days as "deputed on project to India / Business Trip" and show Indian payslip for the period?
These 107 days are not continuous. 84 days in 2010 and 23 days in 2011.

5. For cohabitation, is it enough if i show 3 or 4 bank statements say in 2008,2009,2010 and 2011? Its a joint account , so both our names are there. I can give council tax but my name is spelt incorrectly there, dont want to use that.

6.Is the cohabitation document for my dependent please? My dependent has mobile bills, pay slips, HMRC letters, everything on the same address. Should I just provide his details alone or my letters along with his. For eg, his mobile bill and my mobile bill etc.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I would be really greatful if you can help. Many Thanks.