ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proving Contractor Earnings for Ltd Company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SASMAN
Newly Registered

Proving Contractor Earnings for Ltd Company

Post by SASMAN » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:41 pm

Hi, I am going to apply for the HSMP but would like a second opinion on what to supply for proof of earnings.
Firstly I am a contractor and work through a Ltd Company as I have seen that others do, and need to claim salary and dividends for my earnings.

The thing is that for the last 12 months that I am claiming my earnings for, 9 of them I have been a shareholder and not director in a composite company (which had many other shareholders also), and for the other 3 months I have been the director and sole shareholder in my own Ltd company.
So I think that I will need to apply as a salaried employee - I am fairly sure this would be the correct method if I was with the composite company only, but does being a Ltd company director also change things at all?

I am planning to provide dividend certificates, statement of earnings and payslips signed and stamped from my accountant.
Also my p60 (but this only covers part of the 12 month period).

I could supply my personal bank statements as well, and I do have copies of my contracts but these have not been signed so think they might hinder rather than help my case.

I am a bit confused if this is what home office want? any advice appreciated. cheers

jagberg
Newly Registered

Post by jagberg » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:43 pm

Hi, Im in the same situation. Ive been told by 1st Contact (Im doing this myself) that you should apply as Independent Contractor. Im not sure what contracts are required or whats exactly necessary. Im with Giant Powerhouse. Ive been told Payslips, Invoice Reconcilliation, Dividends to date and "Employers" letter will be enough. All this is done through Composite Company.

hopefulApplicant
Newly Registered

Post by hopefulApplicant » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:02 pm

I submitted as much info as possible. I submitted basically everything that was required for Salaried Employee, Independent Contractor and the requirements for Self Employed.

I think as long as it is relevant (and you don't believe it will hinder your application....as you said about your unsigned contracts), then I would submit it. If you can get your contracts signed, then that is better again I think.

My reasoning for submitting so much was that in the case of a review, you can't submit any more supporting evidence, however, if it is all there in the first place, and you are rejected, it may simply be that you could re-explain your position and your review would be successful.

Good luck at any rate,
Chris