ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Discretion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avimichal

Post by avimichal » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:08 am

Hi All

Thank you all for the help you providing us.

Me and my wife been granted with IRL back in October. I apply for my two kids for Naturalisation and was successful . I am now try to avoid the 12 months period before i can Naturalised. in your opinion if i can show that i have few property in UK, and some fund in my account, and my two kids are British do i have chance to be Naturalised on discretion ? ?

I look forward to hear from you

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:18 am

Discretion can reduce the period by 3 months. Are 3 months worth the risk?

avimichal

Post by avimichal » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:19 am

Hi Jambo

Thank you for your swift respond.

Is that mean I have to be on the IRL for at list 9 months before apply ?

Many thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:04 pm

On what basis are looking to have the 1 year requirement waived? From the information you gave, you sound like any other typical applicant. Nothing extraordinary in your case that will make the HO consider waiving the requirement.

avimichal

Post by avimichal » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:36 pm

I sow in your previous post you mention, if you can demonstrate you have family and a property on your name and your asset are in UK the HO may consider discretion.?? otherwise can you please advice what are the best approach to waived .

Many thanks

mlove
Newly Registered

Post by mlove » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:46 pm

Great idea!

Go ahead and spend £1702 for naturalisation ( whilst jumping the queue )!

I'm sure your investment will provide quite a nice bit of entertainment - I mean education, for the entire forum.

Good luck! Make sure you let us all know your outcome!

avimichal

Post by avimichal » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:18 pm

I didn't plan to do it before knowing there is a chance as I sow earlier in one of the post if you can show connection to the Uk the HO may consider it .
Please correct me if I wrong

Many thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalisation - Discretion

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:17 pm

avimichal wrote:I sow in your previous post you mention, if you can demonstrate you have family and a property on your name and your asset are in UK the HO may consider discretion.?? otherwise can you please advice what are the best approach to waived .

Many thanks
This is true but the HO would not waive the full year only several months (up to 3) so I don't see any reason to apply based on this discretion. Too much to risk.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation - Discretion

Post by vinitmanu » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:30 pm

avimichal wrote:I sow in your previous post you mention, if you can demonstrate you have family and a property on your name and your asset are in UK the HO may consider discretion.?? otherwise can you please advice what are the best approach to waived .

Many thanks
I think you are confusing yourself. Jambo's previous post must refer to the discretion that can be applied for excess absence.

avimichal

Post by avimichal » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:10 pm

This information are much appreciated.

Best Regards

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 pm

You should wait 12 Months and apply when you meet the requirements on your safe side.