ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences of more then 180 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keepsim

Absences of more then 180 days

Post by keepsim » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Hello guys

Just need some experience /expert advice ,ukba has recently [13 dec ] updated its leave to remain – calculating continuous period in UK. I am due to apply ILR @ end of dec. I had already taken letter from my last employer reason for work related absence. Now this new requirement of getting period of paid annual leave is really causing me worry. I dont think my previous employer will entertain any more request.

kindly suggest whats the best course I should choose.

below is content from ukba doc.
Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including
periods of paid annual leave from the UK?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Which immigration category are you applying for ILR under? Tier 1 general applicants do not require an employer letter (confirming annual leave and business related absences), but Tier 2 and WP applicants do.

keepsim

Post by keepsim » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:54 pm

cs95tdg wrote:Which immigration category are you applying for ILR under? Tier 1 general applicants do not require an employer letter (confirming annual leave and business related absences), but Tier 2 and WP applicants do.
I am applying for SET-0 , Tier-1 general category but my totals days of absence is around 205 days. Out of which 35 days are business trip [which were clubbed with annual leave]. I had taken letter from my previous employer stating days and reason for business trip but not that I was on annual leave for rest of the days.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:02 pm

keepsim wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:Which immigration category are you applying for ILR under? Tier 1 general applicants do not require an employer letter (confirming annual leave and business related absences), but Tier 2 and WP applicants do.
I am applying for SET-0 , Tier-1 general category but my totals days of absence is around 205 days. Out of which 35 days are business trip [which were clubbed with annual leave]. I had taken letter from my previous employer stating days and reason for business trip but not that I was on annual leave for rest of the days.
Were you within the 180 day annual absence threshold? I.e. you are now allowed 180 days of absence in each of the 12 month periods during your 5 year residency. Tier 1 G Migrants do not require an employer letter to confirm annual leave absences. I haven't see anything regarding business travel, but my personal opinion would be to list each absence and list the reasons - annual leave & business travel seperately. As you already have a letter for the business related absences you can take that with you, and submit only if requested. No employer letter is required for annual leave related absences, so you are fine there.

nani_varaprasad
Newly Registered

More than 180 days-ILR(Tier1General -HSMP)

Post by nani_varaprasad » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:54 am

Hi,
I have not been out of uk for more than 180 days in any single 12 months period but in total 5 years i have been 203 days to meet my family. Will this be any problem under the new set(o) application?.
Under Section 9-D2 says,
Please confirm whether you have been outside of the UK for any single absence over 3 months or one or more absences which amount to more than 6 month in total during the 5 year period:

If i tick yes and provide them the reason-do i have to still provide evidence for this?

Looking forward for your help,

Thanks.