ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Refusal - Non-Settlement intent - HSMP ???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kiwi Pro

EC Refusal - Non-Settlement intent - HSMP ???

Post by Kiwi Pro » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:09 am

After getting HSMP approval, in the Entry Clearance process, is one requied to prove his non-settlement intent?

Can a entry clearance application be refused for failure to prove "non-settlement" intent.

Entry Clearance application after HSMP approval involves using NON-SETTLEMENT (VAF1) form (not settlement form VAF2)

However, in the HSMP application form, one has declare that " I confirm that I intend to make UK my main home ".

Also the HSMP Guidance Notes mention:

" You must be willing and able to make the United Kingdom your main home.

If you are successful in your HSMP application, and apply for leave to enter or remain, we will ask you to provide a written undertaking that you intend to make the UK your country of habitual residence".

I have seen cases of EC refusal for "Working Holiday-Maker" and "Employer Sponsored Work Permits" because of EC officer not convinced that the applicant will return.

How does this work for HSMP? Any EC refusals after HSMP approval because of the given reason?

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:44 am

well the non settlement form is got nothing to do with your intend to stay ....

The necessity is to show your intend to stay and work in UK without resorting to public funds.

The WP from the employers and holiday making visas are built on the condition that the candidate will return back.

HSMP is a migrant work permit , so obviously you intend to settle in UK and contribute ....

centennial

Post by centennial » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:16 pm

true
sunil.suneel wrote:well the non settlement form is got nothing to do with your intend to stay ....

The necessity is to show your intend to stay and work in UK without resorting to public funds.

The WP from the employers and holiday making visas are built on the condition that the candidate will return back.

HSMP is a migrant work permit , so obviously you intend to settle in UK and contribute ....

Kiwi Pro

Post by Kiwi Pro » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:43 pm

Thanks.

That answers my question of "No EC refusal" because of Settlement intent.

Working in UK on HSMP is different then working on conventional work permit or WHM visa.

EC after HSMP approval could have been much better on Settlement Form
(not VAF1).

Settle in UK and contribute...

mayana

Post by mayana » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:15 am

kiwi,
I support your claim, my is that under HSMP you are advised to write an undertaken to making the U.K your country of habitual resident, this is not the case under working holiday maker and work permit. HSMP is partly half settlement,leave to remain and working as much as you like to support yourself and the economy to justify your relevancy in the U.K and enhance your FLR chances.

Kiwi Pro

Post by Kiwi Pro » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:00 am

Is a Job Offer letter from a UK based employer required for Entry Clearance after HSMP approval?

The recruitment process usually involves a face-to-face interview which is not possible if the applicant is not in UK.

indian234

Post by indian234 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:06 am

hello Kiwi,

Job offer letter is not required for EC after HSMP approval. But, if we have one, it is better to show that.

regards,
Ram

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:34 am

Kiwi Pro wrote:Is a Job Offer letter from a UK based employer required for Entry Clearance after HSMP approval?

The recruitment process usually involves a face-to-face interview which is not possible if the applicant is not in UK.
Agree with Indian234 .....

Its true that it is difficult to get a job in UK based in india ......

But it is not among the compulsory docs for EC though .....

But if you have a job offer , it would make your EC case very strong and it will be a easier desision making for the embassy guys to grant you a entry clearance .

:-)