ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recieved approval letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Recieved approval letter

Post by OFCHARITY » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:23 am

Thank you Jesus, I got my approval letter today, it was actually at the post office from the 22nd but they didn't seem to have done their filing/paperwork at the post office properly so I didn't get it till they went searching for a package for a relative of mine today and 'happened' upon my package.

Here are my details
Jan 19, 04 - FEDEX delivers my over 28 application to UK.

Application included;
Cover letter - very brief, simply stating the category I was applying for and "please find attached" cheque for 150, application form and supporting documents.

The areas in which I claimed points were;
Bachelors degree - 5yrs - 15 points - original certificate attached

Work Experience - More than 5 years degree level employment - 25 points - letter from Employer, detailing dates, positions, and major responsibilities as well as current salary.

Past Earnings - 25 points - Included past twelve month's wage slips, letter from employer, income tax return form.

Partner's achievements - 10 points - attached spouse's original degree certificate along with, 4 supporting documents to prove we've been living together at least 2 years. (insurance certs, light bill, bank statement, joint mortgage letter)

Ability to continue career in UK/support self in UK

Included 3 0r 4 Job adverts, was a bit worried that the salary figures I quoted that I expected to earn in the first year were a bit low (around 30k), but I explained that this was based on the fact that I have no UK experience (In my opinion my field, requires experience in the UK before I could realistically expect a senior role there) and that I expected this to increase once I gain the necessary UK experience plus pursue further studies.

I also included a budget of my expected income and expenditure for the first 12 months (not including expected salary from job in UK). - attached proof of source of funds.

I personally completed the application (no agency), took about 2 months to complete. Hope this helps someone out there, even though I did not find this site until after I submitted my application, I have found it very informative. I would also love if more topics could be started on getting adjusted to life in the UK (mortgages, kids, schools, health care etc.)
'In everything give thanks'

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:30 am

Well Done OFCHARITY,

Good Luck with your EC and future job hunting...

The journey has just began

all the best
Where there is a will there is a way.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:40 am

Thanks Chess,

Not sure yet when I'll apply for EC, my Msc. degree is scheduled to be completed June-August, (good thing the HSMP approval turnaround time moved from 1 day to 8 weeks). I plan to check with my local Consulate to find out if I can apply for EC now and have the visa effective June, (or even August if they'll allow, I understand from other posts that it's not normally allowed, but hey, I'll still ask). Anyway I have already made arrangements with my University in case I have to leave in June.

The reason I am considering applying for EC now is that my spouse has applied for jobs and have recieved expressions of interest, but of course they want proof of permission to work in the UK, so I figured having the EC in hand would help with the job search in the meanwhile.
'In everything give thanks'