ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrendering Indian Passport + VISA

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Priya_Rai

Surrendering Indian Passport + VISA

Post by Priya_Rai » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:02 pm

I plan to surrender my daughter's Indian Passport to VFS and also need to apply for her long term entry visa. I would be very thankful if someone could answer the following queries:

(1) How do I make an appointment for surrendering the Indian Passport? I can not find the link anywhere on the VFS website.

(2) Is it possible to apply for Indian VISA at the same time as surrendering the Indian Passport?

Thanks.

manoj123
United Kingdom

Post by manoj123 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:11 am

1. No appointment required. You can walk-in, take the token and surrender your passport.

2. No idea. You might be able to ask on the VFS helpline? Reading by the comments in this thread, you might not be able to submit visa application at the same time.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:29 pm

(>>2) Is it possible to apply for Indian VISA at the same time as surrendering the Indian Passport? >>

No, it has to be done one at at time.

Priya_Rai

Post by Priya_Rai » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Thanks for your response gldoc and manoj123

Jackwade
BANNED

Post by Jackwade » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:29 am

OK,you could say

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

No concurrent application

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:05 am

Hello,

Concurrent application for the surrender of Indian Passport and Long term entry visa for India are not accepted.

I have tried this last month for my application. The reason I was given that the surrender applications are handled by the VFS at HCI London office and they do not have control over the grat of surrender certificate as such if there are any dues to be paid by the applicant then it becomes complicated, etc etc.

However I find it annoying that it takes 4 SDE's to process straight forward applications. Not to mention one SDE for EACH passport return.

Regards.