ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Appointment - Do we really have 10 mins?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RScorpio

PEO Appointment - Do we really have 10 mins?

Post by RScorpio » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi, I have been trying to book a PEO appointment since the last week. I managed to find a couple of cancelled appointments. While trying to book at one stage the booking system displays that you have 10 mins to fill up the form, which i manage to fill up maybe in about a minute. However as soon as I click on the submit button (can't remember what it is called) it says the appointment no longer available, so can't understand what is happening when I really have submitted the filled up form so quickly. It is really becoming very frustrating for me. Has anyone else experienced this? Please help.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi rscorpio,

The uk ba booking system is not that advanced.i dont think there is any lock around the appointment. So if you and me logon together both of us will start putting in detaiils and it will be a race bwtween me and you on who can do this faster.

My advice,book the first appointment you see even if u cant make it (provided its reschedulable) and tfhen reschedule it. Resccheduling is a lot faster than booking a new appointment as you dont have t enter details again.

Good luck
Challenges make life worth it!

RScorpio

Post by RScorpio » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:19 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi rscorpio,

The uk ba booking system is not that advanced.i dont think there is any lock around the appointment. So if you and me logon together both of us will start putting in detaiils and it will be a race bwtween me and you on who can do this faster.

My advice,book the first appointment you see even if u cant make it (provided its reschedulable) and tfhen reschedule it. Resccheduling is a lot faster than booking a new appointment as you dont have t enter details again.

Good luck
Thanks for your reply InUkOnHsmp. I am trying to book a Tier 1 appointment with 1 dependent from Croydon PEO. Do you know if I manage to get another PEO I can reschedule later on?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 pm

RScorpio wrote:I am trying to book a Tier 1 appointment with 1 dependent from Croydon PEO. Do you know if I manage to get another PEO I can reschedule later on?
As far as I'm aware you can reschedule an appointment online upto 48 hours before the appointment date/time. Therefore, so long as you find a suitable appointment that is more than 2 days ahead then you should be able to reschedule it. You just need to make sure you reschedule or cancel it before the last 48 hours. If you haven't seen the following, it may be worth taking a look at the tips provided. They helped me when booking an appointment at midnight. http://londonseye.blogspot.co.uk/2012/1 ... ments.html

RScorpio

Post by RScorpio » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:41 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
RScorpio wrote:I am trying to book a Tier 1 appointment with 1 dependent from Croydon PEO. Do you know if I manage to get another PEO I can reschedule later on?
As far as I'm aware you can reschedule an appointment online upto 48 hours before the appointment date/time. Therefore, so long as you find a suitable appointment that is more than 2 days ahead then you should be able to reschedule it. You just need to make sure you reschedule or cancel it before the last 48 hours. If you haven't seen the following, it may be worth taking a look at the tips provided. They helped me when booking an appointment at midnight. http://londonseye.blogspot.co.uk/2012/1 ... ments.html
Thanks cs95tdg, I will try and catch whatever appointment I can see and then reschedule. I did read this article previously and tried to do the same at midnight for the last 2 weeks. However I am just getting error messages all the time and no slots are available by the time the website starts to work around half an hour later.I have totally given up hope of finding anything at midnight and am just hoping to catch something during the day but even here I seem to be out of luck even when I manage to see any available slot.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:11 pm

It's also worth checking before 7am if you aren't able to find any at midnight. I've seen appointments between 5.30 - 6.30am sometimes during the week. Note that new appointments will now only be released next Monday, i.e. midnight Sunday.

manuce

Post by manuce » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:13 am

There system for booking appointment is not fair and transparent have a look here : http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a ... ment-32449

So as you can see at this link that since 2009 this system is making people life miserable. They are tying to get some answer from UKBA about this unfair attitude under freedom of information so share you thoughts generously on this page. They are charging people thousands of pounds and providing a service which is far below the status of substandard.

RScorpio

Post by RScorpio » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:31 am

manuce wrote:There system for booking appointment is not fair and transparent have a look here : http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a ... ment-32449

So as you can see at this link that since 2009 this system is making people life miserable. They are tying to get some answer from UKBA about this unfair attitude under freedom of information so share you thoughts generously on this page. They are charging people thousands of pounds and providing a service which is far below the status of substandard.
It definitely seems so after my own experience. First of all why people are allowed to have multi bookings is simply something I cannot understand..Ask for something like your passport number and only allow one appointment per passport number, so hopefully a lot more slots can get free..And add in some feature similar to the Indian railway booking system where you have a waitlist for say a day's appointment at any PEO if they can't secure an appointment, so people know what are their chances of attending an appointment.

manuce

Post by manuce » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:16 am

Its because there seems to be a lack of common sense that's why they don't have appointments based on passport number,or probably they thought their applicants would be polite and considerate which was obviously not.

RScorpio

Post by RScorpio » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Could someone help me on this please? I managed to find two slots during the day and both times I got an error message saying 'We can not check your case ID. This is due to a technical problem. Please try again later.' after I submitted the filled up form

I cannot understand now what is this new issue. Does anyone know anything about this? This is driving me mental as I had selected premium service when filling in the details after logging in.

manuce

Post by manuce » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:22 pm

This happened with me i logout and logback in solved the issue