ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice of Withdrawal from First-tier Tribunal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saima.manchester
Newly Registered

Notice of Withdrawal from First-tier Tribunal

Post by Saima.manchester » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:24 am

My parents applied for EEA Family permit from Pakistan and after two months they were refused then i applied appeal here in UK and they sent me hearing date but before 2 days from hearing date i received a letter fro AFT that respondent has withdrawn the original decision, please let me know what does it mean and what will be next, please reply as soon as possible and oblige.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:56 am

It means that your refusal has been overturned before reaching the court.

Basically they have realised that the you will be winning the case anyways, so to save some costs they accepted their defeat and overturned the decision.

So you should be getting further correspondence from the authority with details on the next steps such as re-submitting any documents in question etc.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:59 am

It does not mean they have 'accepted their defeat and overturned the decision' it means they have withdrawn the decision and will now make another, this could be another refusal or they may now grant the application.

Saima.manchester
Newly Registered

Now what

Post by Saima.manchester » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:05 am

i think Greenie is right
Now please let me know what should v do?
Wait and see what embassy will do or should i contact embassy to ask what is their decision?

stan86
Newly Registered

appeal withdrawn

Post by stan86 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:14 am

We are in the same situation. UKBA has withdrawn appeal without a court hearing date. They missed the IAT deadline for bundle and when i called IAT, they said its been withdrawn after a review, 6 months since appeal lodged back in June. They are up to their necks with appeals. I was told that it has been decided they would issue. We are still waiting for a call from ukba. I think its going to be a long wait for us. But at-least we can make esquires, since its not a court matter as it never went to court. When an appeal is overturned, they aim to call you in 10 days, so they say. I think this whole visa thing is not worth it any more. We waited 9 months since are wedding and still we not any better of, only poorer as result of cost. Keep hope, thats all one can do.

Saima.manchester
Newly Registered

@stan86

Post by Saima.manchester » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:04 am

@stan86 thanks for share ur situation, please let me know when do u receive Notice of Withdrawn from tribunal, what type of visa did you apply and what was the refusal points at the time of refusal.
Thanks in advance
sam