ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR is approved

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sudhibabu
Newly Registered

ILR is approved

Post by sudhibabu » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:14 am

Hi,

My ILR is approved on 14th Dec 2012.

Here is my short story.

Arrived Home Office, Croydon, 40 mins before my scheduled appointment with my cousin. It is good to have someone if you are applying alone.

After passing security check ( airport type) , submitted passport and appointment letter ( Ground floor) with application form. I had been issued a ticket number and requested to go first floor where payment is accepted. Keep this ticket number until your case is finalized. Once you enter first floor, payment counter is on your left hand side.

After payment, I waited about 30 mins on the same floor. There was some initial document check for 10 mins at the counter and then bio-metrics were taken on the same floor . Bio-metric counters are situated extreme right on each floor. There are total three floors in Croydon office.

After an hour wait, I was called to counter 22 which is service-desk and was asked to go second floor. Waited another 2 hours and finally my number was called. The case worked has checked all my documents such as payslips, dividend letter, accountant letter and my personal bank statements. She asked me to point the same on business bank statements. so take them along with you .

After verifying my business bank statements she was happy and apporved my ILR. Total waiting time for me is five hours.Now I am waiting for my bio-metric card .

Documents submitted.
i) Application form duly signed with two passport photos
ii) hsmp approval letter
iii) Tier1 extension letter
iv) Tax returns for last five years ( P60s or SA302s)
v) Accountant letter confirming PAYE and dividends
vi) Personal bank statements
vii) Business bank statements
viii) Company letters such as registration document, latest annual return AR01, corporation tax filings for last 3 years
ix) Latest accounts for Ltd company duly signed by accountatn
x) Life in the UK pass notification
xi) Payslips and dividend vouchers

You can also take

i) invoices covering 12 month period
ii) VAT returns for 12 months period
iii) Letter from employer if absences are more than 180 days
iv) Degree certificates
Last edited by sudhibabu on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:55 am

Hi, you mentioned that your cousin was with you.....so do they allow someone with you if you are applying alone even inside Croydon office??

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:26 am

congratulation sudhibabu.
"ix) Latest accounts for Ltd company duly signed by accountatn "
did you mean your latest company accounts filed at end of your company financial year or you got the accounts prepared for earnings claim period.

I am also due ILR in Feb 2013 and by my company financial year is from August to July. I am not sure whether it is mandatory to carry accounts P&L statement for earning claim period (Dec 2011 to Nov 2012) ? I have paid salary and dividends to myself.

Thanks in advance.
Techie

sudhibabu
Newly Registered

Post by sudhibabu » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:36 am

Simi UK wrote:Hi, you mentioned that your cousin was with you.....so do they allow someone with you if you are applying alone even inside Croydon office??
yes. They will allow even inside Croydon office. They can sit in the same corridor while you are waiting. Some times helps to calm your nerves. :)

sudhibabu
Newly Registered

Post by sudhibabu » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:38 am

techie_09 wrote:congratulation sudhibabu.
"ix) Latest accounts for Ltd company duly signed by accountatn "
did you mean your latest company accounts filed at end of your company financial year or you got the accounts prepared for earnings claim period.

I am also due ILR in Feb 2013 and by my company financial year is from August to July. I am not sure whether it is mandatory to carry accounts P&L statement for earning claim period (Dec 2011 to Nov 2012) ? I have paid salary and dividends to myself.

Thanks in advance.

your latest company accounts filed at the end of your company financial year only.

If he can prepare proforma/draft accounts for claimed period , it will be good to carry them as well. Accountant may charge few pounds extra to prepare a draft for the claiming period.

When you take salary letter mention,

S.No., Period (i.e. Nov 2012), Date of payment (according to your bank statement ), Net amount and Gross amount for PAYE .,

S.No., Date of Payment, Net Amount, Tax Credit, Gross Amount(Net+tax credit) for dividends.

Sign and stamp all the papers of salary letter.

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks for your prompt reply.

One more question: did you sign and stamped payslips and dividend vouchers yourself or get it signed and stamped from accountant?

My understanding is I only need to certify salary slips and dividend vouchers.

Thanks in advance.
Techie

sudhibabu
Newly Registered

Post by sudhibabu » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:52 am

techie_09 wrote:Thanks for your prompt reply.

One more question: did you sign and stamped payslips and dividend vouchers yourself or get it signed and stamped from accountant?

My understanding is I only need to certify salary slips and dividend vouchers.

Thanks in advance.
I have not signed and stamped payslips., where as dividends are signed and stamped by another director of my ltd company. If you are the sole director you can sign and stamp it. But here the problem arises, how can you confirm your own dividends .

So Account has to provide a salary letter for the claimed period. The accountant should be qualified such as ACMA.

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:02 am

I am the sole director of my company so I can sign it myself. Probably to overcome this UKBA asks for accountant letter.

Thanks
Techie