ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appalling decison by caseworker

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rk_confused
Newly Registered

Appalling decison by caseworker

Post by rk_confused » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:00 pm

I was recently granted settlement (5yr tier1 pbs) and went to croydon peo to extent my wife's leave (pbs dependent leave) as it was expiring before her qualification for settlement (2 year as old rules are applicable).

Unfortunately after paying for premium service we were served by TRAINING caseworker (its written on croydon peo casworker window - Please be patient training is in progress); so far so good, he approved within minutes as it was straight forward but did had no idea about how much leave to grant. He pointed out that she will be eligible for settlement april 2013; so we came back with approval letter (which does not point out how much leave is granted) and waited for BRP on which actual leave is stated.

When we received the BRP I was in state of horror and shock. Basically we paid £867 to extend the leave until 7th April 2013. The original visa was only granted 17th April 2010 thus by this means the leave does not even cover to apply for settlement. According to my understanding paragraphs 319 C & D are applicable and thus leave should have been granted for 3 years as main applicant is ILR holder.

I e-mailed BRP error unit from whom I got the following response:
"The details on the BRP are correct according to our records, however I have forwarded your email onto the caseworker who should be in contact with you shortly.

If you do not hear from the caseworker, you can write to them. Their details are on your decision letter."

So I searched through the decision letter and their are NO details of caseworker; thus I dont know what to do next. How do I contact UKBA and be proactive as I am rest assured the caseworker wont contact me.

On a different note: some one earlier posted that pbs dependent leave was granted without restrictions but as stated in rules the BRP we received states clearly "restricted work no dr/dentist training".

Any advice be much appreciated. Regards

rk_confused
Newly Registered

Post by rk_confused » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:44 am

Any help advice suggestions?

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:20 pm

rk_confused wrote:Any help advice suggestions?
I will advise you to post the letter at the same address which is on PBS Dependent application form.In the covering letter mention the Ref No.I am sure they will sort it out.Its mistake from them not to grant the visa for three years.

Please could you advise how did you answer the following the questions in the PBS Dependent form.
Q C4 , F1,M2 or M5

and

which docs does the caseworker requested for your dependent application ?

Thanks

rk_confused
Newly Registered

Post by rk_confused » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:52 pm

Can any senior member please advice if my interpretation is correct (or I have missed something obvious) before I start the reconsideration request.

Regards

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:09 pm

rk_confused wrote:Can any senior member please advice if my interpretation is correct (or I have missed something obvious) before I start the reconsideration request.

Regards
Please could you advise how did you answer the following the questions in the PBS Dependent form.
Q C4 , F1,M2 or M5

and

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
rk_confused wrote:Can any senior member please advice if my interpretation is correct (or I have missed something obvious) before I start the reconsideration request.

Regards
Q C4 , F1,M2 or M5

and

stop hijacking the thread, please start your own.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Regards
agree with your interpretation.

rk_confused
Newly Registered

Post by rk_confused » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Greenie- Thank you very much for input

Babajee85 - Ill reply on your post

Regards