ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependent partner and time away from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AdvyJag
Newly Registered

ILR for dependent partner and time away from UK

Post by AdvyJag » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for ILR in 2014 and my dependent partner is planning to go on a Holiday to India.

I wanted to ask how long can a dependent partner be away from UK to be eligible for ILR along with the main applicant.

We have planned for around 60 days of Holiday away from UK for dependent partner, is that fine ?

Thanks,
AdvyJag

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:46 pm

On what basis will you be applying for settlement?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

AdvyJag
Newly Registered

Post by AdvyJag » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi sushdmehta

Apologies for the dealy in reply.

I will be applying for ILR for continuous stay in UK for 5 Years ( May 2009 - 2014). My wife joined me in Nov 2010 and since then we are continuously living together.

But for ILR, dependent need to stay together for last 2 years ? and is this stay continuous basis (how long can the dependent be away from UK?)

Thanks,
AdvyJag