ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Opnion about Supporting documents for EEA Family Permit.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Jambo wrote:
mileve wrote:And other point, about the condition that me and my husband would travel together to U.K without my EEA FP, they would require the same process about stay, money and so on to let us come in?

There isn't any "process about stay, money and so on". The only thing you need to show is your marriage certificate. This is true for both the EEA Family Permit and the entry at the border. All the rest is irrelevant.
This is really important for you to understand. Which is also why I said that you submitted way too much supporting evidence.

Relax and wait for the FP to be issued.

mileve
Newly Registered

Post by mileve » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:57 pm

Thank you guyz, maybe I am worrying too much for nothing.

I will be positive about the decision, and if it is not, I am going to take the advice to be on a plan with him and simply go.

Thank you for the patience to be explaining ;)

Cheers 8)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Remember to always carry your marriage certificate (initially) when you travel together. Enjoy the UK!

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Directive,

Does this not depend from which country you apply for an EEA Permit? Some nationals have to submit other documents as well.

I want to apply for an EEA permit for my Afghan fiancee. On UKBA website they also mention:
- Copy passport EU national which us endorsed by the countries embassy
- TB certficate

I met a sollicitor and he told me attested copies of all pages of my Dutch passport should be submitted as well. Is that really necessary?
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:The reason you may want an EEA FP is if you are planning to immediately work in the UK.

But you submitted way to many documents.

Two passports, you marriage certificate, and a cover letter is all that is needed.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Watandar wrote:Does this not depend from which country you apply for an EEA Permit? Some nationals have to submit other documents as well.
No it does not depend on which country you apply in, nor on what your citizenship is.
Watandar wrote:I want to apply for an EEA permit for my Afghan fiancee. On UKBA website they also mention:
- TB certficate
Please provide links. I have never seen the request in bold on any British web site.
TB certificate is not required by UKBA for an EEA Family Permit.
Watandar wrote:I met a sollicitor and he told me attested copies of all pages of my Dutch passport should be submitted as well. Is that really necessary?
No it is not really necessary. But solicitors make some nice money from doing this. You should submit a copy of the biodata page, and you can make that a solicitor certified copy if you wish.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
Watandar wrote:I want to apply for an EEA permit for my Afghan fiancee. On UKBA website they also mention:
- TB certficate
Please provide links. I have never seen the request in bold on any British web site.
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... documents/

Although this requirement doesn't seem to be consistent between the posts.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:26 pm

Jambo wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
- TB certficate
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... documents/

Although this requirement doesn't seem to be consistent between the posts.
...and on the pdf guidance (page 3) it says
Evidence of your sponsor’s nationality

This could be copies of:
􀂾 bio-data pages from their passport
􀂾 their national identity document
􀂾 their residence permit

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:40 pm

- TB certficate
TB certificate is not required by UKBA for an EEA Family Permit.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

UKBA:
''f you want to come to the UK for more than 6 months, you must to be tested to show that you are free from TB before we will accept your visa application. If you refuse to take a test, your visa application will be refused. You do not need to have a TB test if you are:

a child under the age of 11;
a holder of a diplomatic passport; or
a returning UK resident.''

People are forced to make extra cost. I am sure if one does not provide a TB certificate UKBA will refuse or delay the EEA family permit. They force people to play by their rules other you have to appeal, you need a sollicitor (extra costst again) etc etc.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:55 pm

UKBA claims that they do not require EEA FP applicants to be screened for TB: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... %20FOI.doc

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:24 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:UKBA claims that they do not require EEA FP applicants to be screened for TB: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... %20FOI.doc
It is very annoying, UKBA (and similar organisations in other EU countries) tries do to everything to discourage people to claim their rights.

skippo84
Newly Registered

Re: Opnion about Supporting documents for EEA Family Permit.

Post by skippo84 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:34 pm

mileve wrote:Hi Everybody!
Well, I was surfing in google about people who already experienced the process about to get an EEA Family Permit and I finally came up here which I thought it was the best forum to help in it.
Well, I'm brazilian and recently I have applied for my EEA Family Permit. My husband is polish and we plan to move to U.K to study and work. As I saw that many people had experienced the refusal of the EEA, I got a bit afraid and I would like you guys to tell me if in basis of the documents I have submitted, if even though with their "unfair decisions" sometimes, I have nice chances to be lucky and dont be just another one with EEA refusal.

The supporting documents I submitted were:
-Copy of my Polish husband passport and ID;
-Original and translation of the letter from his University which comfirm he is a univeristy student;
-Contract of the place where we live in his name;
-His bank account balance ( even though our amount there, was not that big)
- Letter by his bank which comfirm we have a joint-account;
- Proofs of 4 months that he has paid the rent of our room;
- A set of emails he sent to british companies which shows he is looking for job there;
- A letter from him which says that I will be travelling with him in determined date;
- As we met by internet, I submitted some emails we exchanged, letters, and IM conversation through Gmail;
- our marriage certificate in polish and in portuguese with both translations ( I mean our polish and brazilian marriage certificate);
- I did a cover letter explaining all the progress of our relationship when we met, date to date to every fact and so on;
- and finally pictures of our marriage, pictures of me with his parents, picture of screen-shot when we were talking through internet by skype and MSN Messenger;
- And also a letter with decision from Poland Foreigners Department giving me the permission to stay in Poland for 1 year.
- Oh, and also a letter from bank in my name which comfirm we have joint-account.

Well, my doubt is, my husband in fact is still a university student, he is just finishing now, he was already looking for job here in Poland with no so much sucess and when he finally got one, we had not contract in hands to attach to the documents, he just let it clear in his covering letter, but we had no formal paper of contract because he would be able to sign it only in december. In this way, for the fact that we have just comented about this job but not with a real contract and also a poor value in his bank account, it can be a reason for our refusal?

Thank you in advance for the attention.
Mileve.

Hello Milev,i am planning applying for the same EEA FP aswell to Uk but am going there for just one week holiday with my Polish wife and my son..Kindly let me know if the permit was issued or not becos a lot of people are really complaining about the rate they are being refusd the permit..Thanks

mileve
Newly Registered

Post by mileve » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi supporters,

Today I received an email from the Visa Section Warsaw, and they told me simply that my passport is ready to be collected. What does it mean? I mean, Do they not say if it is refused or issued by email? And about the other originals documents, do they give back or do they keep to them??

Skippo: I do not know yet about the decision, they just sent me an email telling that I can collect my passport.

skippo84
Newly Registered

Post by skippo84 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:27 pm

mileve wrote:Hi supporters,

Today I received an email from the Visa Section Warsaw, and they told me simply that my passport is ready to be collected. What does it mean? I mean, Do they not say if it is refused or issued by email? And about the other originals documents, do they give back or do they keep to them??

Skippo: I do not know yet about the decision, they just sent me an email telling that I can collect my passport.
Thanks a lot..But to my knowledge,they only ask you to come for your passport,they dont say if the permit or visa is issued or not,this is how most european embassy does,so am wishing you goodluck..Kindly notify me what the decision is so i can decide what to do about mine..I keep my fingers crossed for you...All the best..Skippo...

mileve
Newly Registered

Post by mileve » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:20 am

Skippo: Yes, and it is terrible because the person is on big expectations or for good thing or bad, but have to wait such a situation. When I was looking for others experiences of this EEA FP, some people told me that they did receive the decision by email, and thats why I was expecting in the same way...but, lets see...
Dont worry, I will let know what will be the response.
And good luck for you too. The key is to prepare very well documents!

skippo84
Newly Registered

Post by skippo84 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:19 am

mileve wrote:Skippo: Yes, and it is terrible because the person is on big expectations or for good thing or bad, but have to wait such a situation. When I was looking for others experiences of this EEA FP, some people told me that they did receive the decision by email, and thats why I was expecting in the same way...but, lets see...
Dont worry, I will let know what will be the response.
And good luck for you too. The key is to prepare very well documents!

Thanks and Good luck..Hope to hear from you soon...

viking

Non-EU spouse

Post by viking » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi There,

I'm an Irish National and living and worning in the UK over 3 months as Self Employed.

Can my wife(Non-EU) come to the UK without applying for EEA FP/visa from Ireland, or if She has to apply, pls.can you advise exact documents that I and my wife need to submit to British Embassy in Ireland.

Thanks in advance
Vk.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Your wife could apply for a family permit if she wishes.

If your wife were in the UK, she could apply for a residence card (EEA2) directly. Not having a family permit would not impact on this application.

viking

Post by viking » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:08 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Your wife could apply for a family permit if she wishes.

If your wife were in the UK, she could apply for a residence card (EEA2) directly. Not having a family permit would not impact on this application.
Eusmile,
Thanks for the info.

Basically my wife is planning to come from Dub to London over this weekend and will join me without EEA FP. Can she travel?

She will indeed apply for a(EEA2) residence card after her arrival in London as you advised above.

Kindly can you shed some light on my query?

mileve
Newly Registered

IT was issued!!

Post by mileve » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:40 am

Suport-ers!!!!

Thank you for the patience. In fact, my EEA was issued. Thanks for the words and tips :) .

Skippo: I received today my passport and my submitted pictures, and YEEES! It was issued!!

Good luck for you!!!!!

skippo84
Newly Registered

Re: IT was issued!!

Post by skippo84 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:47 pm

mileve wrote:Suport-ers!!!!

Thank you for the patience. In fact, my EEA was issued. Thanks for the words and tips :) .

Skippo: I received today my passport and my submitted pictures, and YEEES! It was issued!!

Good luck for you!!!!!

Wow..That's a good news..Congratulation..Wishing you all the best in your next stage of life..Good Luck.. :) :D

mileve
Newly Registered

Post by mileve » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Thank you for the congrats!

I really hope you will get yours too!

See ya,
Merry Xmass in Advance to all! :)

skippo84
Newly Registered

Post by skippo84 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:21 pm

mileve wrote:Thank you for the congrats!

I really hope you will get yours too!

See ya,
Merry Xmass in Advance to all! :)

You are welcome..Am planning applying in January though,so i have time to prepare all the necessary document needed..

Enjoy ur xmas..
Cheers..