ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where to start, British citizen/non-EU spouse, moving to ire

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ltb86
Newly Registered

Where to start, British citizen/non-EU spouse, moving to ire

Post by ltb86 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi so i am really looking on some detailed advice on what the process is for me (British Citizen) and my non EU partner moving to Ireland to exercise EU treaty rights. Basically, i understand we need to apply for a EUTR visa from the INIS website and submit documents to the Irish embassy in his home country. Will we need to get our marriage cert (in vietnamese) translated into English, if so, where can we get it officially translated so the Irish consulate will accept it? We are not married just yet but plan to next year and we will both be in Vietnam so i don't know how we will get it translated...

Then if and when they issue the visa, we can book flights etc and come to Ireland. Should we check with the airline and get it in writing that they will let him board the plane, even with visa in place, just in case we get any hassle??

Then we arrive in Ireland together from Vietnam, we will obviously have accomodation in place. I have 3 months in which to find employment is this correct? And if i can't find employment within 3 months, then what is the situation for us? Then, our aim is to come back to UK as soon as possible. What do we need to apply for next? Do we apply directly to UK once i can prove to them i have been exercising treaty rights, and how long should i be working before we apply? Or do we need to apply for Irish residence card first? How quickly is this issued? So if all being well and i can find some employment pretty much straight away, how long will it take us to get back to UK? As i need to budget accordingly....

Forgot to say, we have a baby daughter together with British passport obviously she will be with us. Don't know if this will make difference to anything. Also, will my partner be able to work straight away also? And are we entitled to any benefits like child benefit, tax credit or housing benefit??

Thanks so much for all your advice.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Suggest you email the embassy and ask about the translation requirements.

Recommend that you look at the EEA forum for some background information. There are many posters asking similar questions to you there.

eg http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=120614