ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) extension questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zabiela

Tier 1 (G) extension questions

Post by zabiela » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi,

In my initial application i applied as employed as well as self employed. In my extension which is due early next year i am planning to apply as employed only. So, my questions are:

- In my extension application do i need to show evidence of my past self employment? I am not self employed anymore

- If not self employed i am guessing i don’t have to pay class 2 NI (based on HMRC earnings threshold) and thus don’t have to show any evidence of any payment towards that, is that right?

Thanks

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:29 am

Hi,

As you are not self employed anymore, you only need to show evidence for your current employment and not your previous one.

If you have paid any outstanding tax that you were meant to pay when when you were self employed and have let the relevant authorities know that you are no longer self employed, then you no longer need to pay the class2 NI. If you have any outstanding tax payments to make from your self employment, I will suggest you do so a.s.a.p.

Kind Regards