ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR WORK PERMIT - COMPLICATED ENQUIRY. PLS HELP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gagan1986

ILR WORK PERMIT - COMPLICATED ENQUIRY. PLS HELP

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Hello members,

I have been a regular visitor to this website for over a year now and just got registered now. Details below:-

Got WP granted in Feb 2008.

Left the company in Jan 2011, went back to india for 4 weeks and came back to UK in Feb 2011(Reason -was transferred from Glasgow to Cambridge as a promotion but the place didnt suit so wanted to transfer back to scotland which was not possible at that time so employer suggested to come back after holidays). I was told by my employers to come back and we will sort a position out for you. Got the position back in the company in May 2011(did not work anywhere else in the interim).

When I went to india in Feb 2012(2 weeks vacations), upon return i was stopped by immigration and questioned. After further discussions and after contacting my employer they were staisfied that it was temporary absence. Asked my employer to fill in a notification of a technical change form and the same work permit is all valid. We filled in the form and got confirmation letter from HO that the work permit is fine and valid till feb 2013.

Now am looking to apply for ILR in Jan 2013(within 28 days) and wondering if there will be any implications?

Your advice will be highly appreciated as ever.

Regards,

Gagan

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: ILR WORK PERMIT - COMPLICATED ENQUIRY. PLS HELP

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:Hello members,

I have been a regular visitor to this website for over a year now and just got registered now. Details below:-

Got WP granted in Feb 2008.

Left the company in Jan 2011, went back to india for 4 weeks and came back to UK in Feb 2011(Reason -was transferred from Glasgow to Cambridge as a promotion but the place didnt suit so wanted to transfer back to scotland which was not possible at that time so employer suggested to come back after holidays). I was told by my employers to come back and we will sort a position out for you. Got the position back in the company in May 2011(did not work anywhere else in the interim).

When I went to india in Feb 2012(2 weeks vacations), upon return i was stopped by immigration and questioned. After further discussions and after contacting my employer they were staisfied that it was temporary absence. Asked my employer to fill in a notification of a technical change form and the same work permit is all valid. We filled in the form and got confirmation letter from HO that the work permit is fine and valid till feb 2013.

Now am looking to apply for ILR in Jan 2013(within 28 days) and wondering if there will be any implications?

Your advice will be highly appreciated as ever.

Regards,

Gagan
@Gagan,

As long as you fulfil all relevant requirements for ILR, this temporary stop at the border will not be a hitch.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:42 am

@spidery thread - many thanks, really appreciate your help

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:45 am

@ spidery thread- the only issue I think is that we have to show full economic activity for 5 years, which obviously I have a gap as I wasn't paid because I was not employed and was in the UK too?