ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr set(m) 3 years waiting HELL!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Madam I
Newly Registered

Ilr set(m) 3 years waiting HELL!!!

Post by Madam I » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:17 pm

I married my husband 2007 (British citizen) I was granted 2 years temp leave to remain I applied for ilr(m) about 3 years ago I got the initial letter acknowledging my application but haven't heard nothing else I have called , e-mailed and faxed but to no avail am just it's pending am depressed I can't visit family life in limbo HElP

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: Ilr set(m) 3 years waiting HELL!!!

Post by Spidery_thread » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Madam I wrote:I married my husband 2007 (British citizen) I was granted 2 years temp leave to remain I applied for ilr(m) about 3 years ago I got the initial letter acknowledging my application but haven't heard nothing else I have called , e-mailed and faxed but to no avail am just it's pending am depressed I can't visit family life in limbo HElP
@Madam I,

Contact your local MP, and explain the situation. If not contact HO and send them a JR letter.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:50 am

It is very unusual to have heard nothing for three years. Have you moved at all during the process? Have you really had no letter apart from the acknowledgment letter. What did the acknowledgment letter say. Have you sought legal advice?

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:53 pm

Greenie wrote:It is very unusual to have heard nothing for three years. Have you moved at all during the process? Have you really had no letter apart from the acknowledgment letter. What did the acknowledgment letter say. Have you sought legal advice?
You may have been issued 2 year spouse visa, and might be the case that every thing got lost in the post.

Standard time to process an application at the time you applied was 4-14 weeks.

As per Greenie, seek legal advise and check with the HO yourself.
Last edited by Spidery_thread on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazyvish

Post by crazyvish » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:03 pm

@Madam I,

What was HO's reply when you ring them? What did they say? I would suggest you to ring the home office with the reference number on your acknowledgement letter and ask for the status of your application (if no reference number, you may need the Royal Mail tracking number by which you posted). If they have already decided your application and posted it back to you, they may be able to give you the recorded delivery tracking number unless you sent them a prepaid Special Delivery envelope in which case you can check the status on the Royal Mail website.
Last edited by crazyvish on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:22 pm

3 years cannot be right. something is wrong somewhere.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:26 pm

People start ringing HO after 6 months, I'll be very concern, if I don't hear from them at 6 months.

There are odd cases(legal residents) which have taken longer, but not this long.

Madam I
Newly Registered

Post by Madam I » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks everryone for your messages I have called numerous times e-mail and letters they have my current address I call regularly and they say it's pending very frustrated

Madam I
Newly Registered

Post by Madam I » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Please I need a way forward. Your advice would be very appreciated , thanks in advance

Madam I
Newly Registered

Post by Madam I » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:28 pm

@ greenie my acknowledgement letter says its going to be passed to a case worker

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:32 am

Spidery_thread wrote:People start ringing HO after 6 months, I'll be very concern, if I don't hear from them at month 6.

There are odd cases(legal residents) which have taken longer, but not this long.
@ Madam I,

You should seek legal advise, and send a letter through a solicitor to UKBA Judicial Review Unit on this unexpected and beyond acceptable level of time taken on your application and its still pending.

Did you mention to the person at HO call centre that it has been 3 YEARS, how much more time do further you need???

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

3 Year Delay

Post by Spidery_thread » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 am

@ Madam I,

1)Did you meet the visa requirement at the time of the application?
2)Have you sent all required documents with the application?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:37 am

me thinks theres more to it than just an ILR application. Explain in full details from 3 years ago what happened and when did you apply and what docs did you submit?

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:07 am

Agree with innocentdevil.

Madam I
Newly Registered

Post by Madam I » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanks for your replies and advice it's appreciated I got a letter form UKBA " saying " the team are considering your application they will contact you directly to request additional document s that may be required....... This is after 3 years still waiting ..[/u]

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Some one at the HO must have put your file in the darkest corner & forgotten.

Happened with many cases.

Madam I
Newly Registered

Post by Madam I » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:30 pm

@ spidery_thread the wait really is fraustrating will keep calling and e_mail hope it's all worth it am getting some legal advice too

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 am

Madam I wrote:Thanks for your replies and advice it's appreciated I got a letter form UKBA " saying " the team are considering your application they will contact you directly to request additional document s that may be required....... This is after 3 years still waiting ..[/u]
did you contact MP or not?
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:29 am

you are not telling about the whole situation here. You need to write in detail about whole process and provide us with dates you contacted them.

Madam I
Newly Registered

Post by Madam I » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:42 pm

@innocent devil thanks for your comments am surr not what else you expect me to write my case i believe I'd simple I was on a student visa before we got married . I produced all the bills and payslips e.t.c required life in the uk test ... Am not sure what else to do I am now going to seek legal advice

Madam I
Newly Registered

Post by Madam I » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Madam I wrote:
Thanks for your replies and advice it's appreciated I got a letter form UKBA " saying " the team are considering your application they will contact you directly to request additional document s that may be required....... This is after 3 years still waiting ..[/u]

---
ILR SET(M) Application Submission: 26/2/10
Acknowledgement Letter Recieved: 3/3/2010
Current Status: Waiting...

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Madam I wrote:@innocent devil thanks for your comments am surr not what else you expect me to write my case i believe I'd simple I was on a student visa before we got married . I produced all the bills and payslips e.t.c required life in the uk test ... Am not sure what else to do I am now going to seek legal advice
I think what's suggested here is a easy to read sequence of steps you took along with immigration history/dates & communication with the UKBA: For E.g.

When was your initial EC: date & immigration category
When did you first enter the UK: date
Did you switch immigration categories in-country? If so when? date & immigration category OR
Did you leave the UK and then get a Settlement visa? If so when? date?
When did you apply for ILR as a spouse of Settled Person? Date?
When did you receive your acknowledgement letter? date?
Did you receive any subsequent correspondence from the UKBA? If so what & when?
When did you subsequently contact the UKBA to enquire about your case?
Was there anything unusual about your case, which could possibly result in it requiring further enquiries, i.e. a delay?
Did you contact your MP to escalate? If so when?

Only you will know the background about your case. The more information you provide the more others on this forum may be able to help or comment on the next steps to take. But the decision is yours.

Madam I
Newly Registered

Post by Madam I » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Madam I wrote:
@innocent devil thanks for your comments am surr not what else you expect me to write my case i believe I'd simple I was on a student visa before we got married . I produced all the bills and payslips e.t.c required life in the uk test ... Am not sure what else to do I am now going to seek legal advice
I think what's suggested here is a easy to read sequence of steps you took along with immigration history/dates & communication with the UKBA: For E.g.

When did you first enter the UK: oct 2006(student visa )
Did you switch immigration categories in-country? If so when? date & immigration category OR temporary leave to remain was granted (2 yrs) after marriage feb 2008-feb2010
Did you leave the UK and then get a Settlement visa? If so when? date? N/a
When did you apply for ILR as a spouse of Settled Person? Date? 25/2/2010
Was there anything unusual about your case, which could possibly result in it requiring further enquiries, i.e. a delay? 3/3/2010
Madam I wrote:

Did you switch immigration categories in-country? If so when? date & immigration category OR
Was there anything unusual about your case, which could possibly result in it requiring further enquiries, i.e. a delay?

Only you will know the background about your case. The more information you provide the more others on this forum may be able to help or comment on the next steps to take. But the decision is yours.

Did you contact your MP to escalate? If so when? Met with local MP 20/12/12

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:01 am

Madam I wrote:Madam I wrote:

When did you first enter the UK: oct 2006(student visa )
Did you switch immigration categories in-country? If so when? date & immigration category OR temporary leave to remain was granted (2 yrs) after marriage feb 2008-feb2010
Did you leave the UK and then get a Settlement visa? If so when? date? N/a
When did you apply for ILR as a spouse of Settled Person? Date? 25/2/2010
Was there anything unusual about your case, which could possibly result in it requiring further enquiries, i.e. a delay? 3/3/2010
Madam I wrote:

Did you contact your MP to escalate? If so when? Met with local MP 20/12/12
contacted mp end of story for now he will handle it for you so wait for reply.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com