ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR due in Jan 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cofe

ILR due in Jan 2013

Post by cofe » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 am

Hi,

I am currently on Tier one general valid until mid feb 2013. I will be applying for my ILR in Jan 2013 and had the following questions.

1) My HSMP started on 14th Feb 2008 and I entered UK only on 30th March 2008. Since I entered UK within 3 months from the date the visa was stamped, I am guessing I should be able to apply for ILR in Feb 2013.

2) I was able to start work only by start of July 2008 as I was searching for work from April to July. Is it a problem for applying for ILR if we havent worked for a specific period during Tier one?

3) Do I have to add the time between my visa approval date to date of entry in UK in approved absences?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:49 am

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. No.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

cofe

Post by cofe » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:55 am

Thanks for the reply.

Another question on this. If I go for a same day appointment, will I get the ILR stamped on the same day (in most cases I mean) and is it valid from same day or will it be from the date the tier one ends.

And also my daughter was born in UK so we will be skipping ILR for her and applying for her MN1, can we do it as soon as we recieve the ILR or do we wait till 14th feb when our current tier one permit ends.

Thanks,

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:04 am

cofe wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Another question on this. If I go for a same day appointment, will I get the ILR stamped (not stamped, BRP) on the same day (in most cases I mean) and is it valid from same day (in theory, YES. Your confirmation/approval letter will say the actual date). or will it be from the date the tier one ends NO.

And also my daughter was born in UK so we will be skipping ILR for her and applying for her MN1, can we do it as soon as we recieve the ILR YES or do we wait till 14th feb when our current tier one permit ends NO..

Thanks,
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

cofe

Post by cofe » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks a lot