ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Pack Review please: WP -> Tier 2 ICT -> Tier 2 Gen

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skumar45

ILR Pack Review please: WP -> Tier 2 ICT -> Tier 2 Gen

Post by skumar45 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Applying SET(O) - ILR under 'Tier 2 General' in Mid December 2012 at Solihull.

I will be applying ILR along with one dependent i.e, my wife. I live in a Privately rented flat, working here in the UK without any recourse to public funds. The SOC Code and salary, etc are all clear.My absences are also within the limit in the past 5 years.

I'm posting this because of 2 reasons.

1. I want my application pack to be reviewed by seniors on this forum and let me know if I'm missing anything
2. I have a story to tell about Section 7 in the form (Criminal Convictions part) which is standing out annoyingly- and I need your opinions

Firstly, my Leave History and background
* Work Permit : Arrived UK on 30 Dec 2007 - Dec 2008
* Work Permit : Dec 2008 - Jan 2009
* Tier 2 (ICT) : Dec 2009 - Dec 2010
* Tier 2 (General) : Dec 2010 - Expires Dec 2013 (another more year)

My application pack is as below along with my query:
1. Set (O) form
2. Photographs 2 each - Mine + Dependant's
3. Passports - Mine + Dependant's
4. Life in the UK Pass Certificates - Mine + Dependant's
5. My 3 Latest Pay slips originals
6. My 3 Latest Bank Statements - corresponding entry for salaries highlighted
7. My current employer letter - Template as in the Sticky Post here in this forum
8. My absences are within the limit. Total of 88 days in past 5 years and no single trip more than 90 days out of UK ever
9. For 11P in the form: Since I was a qualifying WP holder before, all five P60's and One P45 - coz I had changed a job in Dec 2010

10. Cohabitation evidences:

(a) A single Water bill original - (Joint names dated June 2010 - 1)
(b) A single Council tax (PDF Print out acceptable ?) - (dated Jan 2011 - 1)
(c) A Single Electricity bill original dated 2012 - (Joint names dated Jan 2012 - 1)
(d) Two tenancy agreements for two houses we lived in the last 2 years (has joint names) - 2
(e) Dependant's bank statements (More than 24 months - purely on her name - same address anyway)

11. Criminal convictions, I am declaring the 2 below offences honestly - because I don't think they are major though. Since I have more than 2 weeks before my appointment now, I have applied for a Scotland Disclosure basic check today (23/11).

(a) I have a traffic offence which attracted a 'Fixed Penalty notice - endorsed license with 3 points' in Jan 2009. No fine, no reminders, no summons, no courts, no delay in paying £ 60. My license counterpart only says "Fixed Penalty, LC20, 3 points and date of offence". These points will be un-endorsed in Jan 2013 (Only 2 more months) - because LC20 stays on your license for 4 years and am completing 4 then :)

(b) Also had a speeding offence in Aug 2012. I wasn't given any points then. I was given a conditional offer either to attend a speed awareness course or take 3 points with SP20 on my license. Obviously I attended the course and have been told that the offence is spent and do not need to disclose this to the insurance companies. I have no speeding related endorsements on my license.

So, hopefully by 12th Dec if disclosure scotland report comes back, I may attend the PEO at Solihull in mid-december or else, I will do it after Jan 25th 2013.

Thanks for reading and please suggest me if you think I'm disregarding something else and any opinions are welcome.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:54 pm

On your last point, I would still disclose it and go to Solihull. No approval no fee.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:29 pm

FYI:

1. From 13-Dec-12, "no unspent convictions" requirement will be removed from the settlement requirements.
2. All you have are FPNs!!

So, no reason to worry regarding your motoring offences.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

skumar45

Post by skumar45 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Many thanks both of you for the response about the 'standing out' element on my application form - the criminality requirement for settlement.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Pack Review please: WP -> Tier 2 ICT -> Tier 2

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 am

skumar45 wrote: 7. My current employer letter - Template as in the Sticky Post here in this forum
10. Cohabitation evidences:
(b) A single Council tax (PDF Print out acceptable ?) yes
Re #7, have you looked at the SOC code document yourself? Does your SOC code cover more than one job title and salary level? MY CW was stumped on this. So it would be useful to keep a copy of the page that lists your SOC code, job title and salary, just in case your SOC code covers more than one job title/salary.

10.b -- PDF is fine. My council bills are all b/w, so cant tell if it is PDF or original. I folded mine to look like it came in C5 envelope.

skumar45

Post by skumar45 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:39 am

Wpilr_nov12 ... Yes. My SOC code covers more than one job title and salary level.
I'm keeping a copy of the page that explains the skill level and appropriate salary rate.

On another note, I'm submitting and also keeping a set for myself all photocopies of the documents I've listed above. I'm assuming my documentation will suffice.

Thanks all.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Based on what you have said, your documents look fine.

On my own application (at Solihull), I had 3 separate set of Cohabs, my only, spouse only, and joint only. CW asked for Joint only, and picked three out of those. Then asked for photocopies of those.

I had numbered every original document I used for cohab, and corresponding numbers on copies, so that the CW simply asked for copies # 4, 11, 19 (for example), and I quickly got those out.

It is all about making things simplified.

Good luck.

skumar45

Post by skumar45 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:39 pm

I gather from you that organising the evidences and documents properly is the key. Thanks for your response.

LondonLife
Newly Registered

Post by LondonLife » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:06 pm

wpilr_nov12,

Pls can you further clarify when you advice going to Solihull for no approval no fees? Does it mean mean any case which get rejected at Solihull gets refund of the fees or do not have to pay fees for settlement applications?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:23 am

LondonLife wrote:wpilr_nov12,

Pls can you further clarify when you advice going to Solihull for no approval no fees? Does it mean mean any case which get rejected at Solihull gets refund of the fees or do not have to pay fees for settlement applications?
My advice: search for and read through the posts related to Solihull, and form your own understanding/interpretation.

skumar45

Post by skumar45 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:16 pm

Right - My case was successful and ILR approved - awaiting BRP's now.

Many many thanks for people on this forum. All of you who have responded to my posts. Big thank you to all.

My PEO Experience: Click here