ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Clarification Absence Permitted - whatdotheyknow.com

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uksettlement
India

ILR - Clarification Absence Permitted - whatdotheyknow.com

Post by uksettlement » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi Guys,

I have asked a question on whatdotheyknow.com regarding the absence for ILR through Tier 1 General route....

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c ... ing-243055

It would be great if you can add annotations or request for further information from UKBA.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:57 am

No replies hope a few more people need this clarification.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

uksettlement
India

Reply from UKBA case worker

Post by uksettlement » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:05 pm

After the 13th December, these as there rules that the application will be considered under:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

Main Points:

· Only whole days absences are counted. Part day absences, for example, less than 24 hours duration are not counted.

· If the absences are in connection with other employment outside the UK, which demonstrates the UK employment is secondary, these are not permitted absences, and the continuous period requirement is considered broken.

· Where an applicant’s continuous residence period includes time spent as a Tier 2 Migrant or a work permit holder annual leave includes a short holiday taken on conclusion of employment, where the applicant applied to work for a new employer within 60 days of the conclusion of the previous employment (see link on left: Breaks in the continuous lawful period).

To be on the safe side I would detail the reasons for any long absences (just so the caseworker can take this in to consideration). But in the new rules they are only interested in the total number of absences over a 12 month period. It appears that if they do not exceed 180days in any 12 month period the applicant satisfies the requirements of the rules. They work out the 12 months like this.

Entry date: 10 November 2007.

Year 1
11 November 2012
to 10 November 2011

Year 2
11 November 2011
to 10 November 2010

Year 3
11 November 2010
to 10 November 2009

Year 4
11 November 2009
to 10 November 2008

Year 5
11 November 2008
to 10 November 2007

I think that the details on the SET(O) application form have not been completely updated, they will be in due course.
Thanks!

libra66
Newly Registered

Post by libra66 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:26 am

I am curious to see this in better situation... Please do work for it..